It is late, I am tired, so I am gonna have fun and just keep it simple.
5 THINGS I DID TODAY:1. Got kids off to school.
2. Met Katie at Indian Springs.
3. Coffee with dear friend, Jill.
4. Target, simple shopping...lol
5. Pickney, Austins Basketball tournament...LOST
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE:1. Listening to kids breakfast prayer.
2. Prayer about me and my yelling!
3. Laughed getting to quit running!
4. Cashier at Target made me Laugh.
5. Whistled at Andy at game.
5 PEOPLE I PRAYED FOR TODAY:1. The Huggins Family
2. Matt and Becky Harless Family
3. Linda Haberman
4. My brother Bobby and Wife
5. My Husband, Andy
5 THINGS I CAN CONFESS:1. I hate hearing myself YELL.
2. Smelled like funk after running!
3.Discovering I am a PROCRASTINATER.
4. I play to much W-W-Friends
5. My legs are really sore.
FAVORITE VERSES FOR TODAY:..Exception to the 5 letter rule!
1." For God has not given us the spirit of Fear: but of Power, and of Love, & of a Sound Mind." 2 Tim1:7
2. "My Flesh & my Heart Faileth:But God is my Strength of my Heart and my Portion for ever." Psalm73:26
When Running and Life Collide: Today Katie and I got pretty quiet right around mile 5. It was just her and I out there this morning on the trail doing our 8 mile routine. I was trying to teach Katie how to listen to her breathing and her feet hitting the pavement. That if she listens closely and studies herself she will learn so much about her speed and stamina.
"Anita, shhhh." I tell myself this aften too late. Reminding myself to listen more and talk less. I have never struggled in the talking department, but being quiet..I need work. I think that is why running is so therapeutic to me. You have to be in your own head with out ANY interruptions. And it can be really CONVICTING in there. In life when there are less distractions and more times of silence we can really learn so much about ourselves. . Sometimes we may not like what we hear. But we are all in training. There are times when I hear myself breathing while running and it makes me so upset to hear the exhaustion of my inhale and exhale. Well there are also times in my quietness that I hear my imperfections, my anger, my lack of patience, my snap judgments....It is powerful to be still and just listen...Be careful though...You may not always like what you hear..
How was your day today? Any confessions? Did you say your prayers tonight? If so...Remember me as you saw all my confessions...Those were only 5!!