"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not every RUN is a good RUN...But it is a done RUN!

Danielle and I...We didn't see another person!!
 "The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."   - Robert Frost

What can I say. Today was tough. The 3 of us, Danielle, Katie and I all made it to Indian Springs about 9 safe and sound. The road were beginning to get slick and the weather man said that the morning was going to be the worst of the weather. Great I thought..This sounds like fun!
Aside from it being terrible weather the path at the metro park was very icy.
I just struggled from mile 3 all the way to the end of our 8 mile run.
I mean I could blame it on the horrific snow, the freezing temperatures, the icy path or the wind that was ripping ice across my bare face.  But the reality was I was just hanging on by a thread.
I am sure that all that contributed to my miserable run today..I tried to laugh, and engage in conversation but I just wanted to finish. Actually I didn't even want to finish. I wanted to go home and take a hot bath.

The path was snow covered and hidden underneath that delicate layer of snow was a nasty layer of slippery, pain staking ICE. The wind was blasting us, NO SERIOUSLY. It was carrying snow that felt like tiny razor blades across your face. And the snow was coming down so hard that you couldn't even see. They were the great big, wet fluffy snowflakes. They were innocent enough as long as the trees blocked the wind. The only damage they did was blinding you. When you wiped them off your eyelids and were able to see again it was breathless. The beauty of the heavy snowfall covered the woods like a white blanket.
The beauty of the snowfall was not the only thing that was breathtaking. This entire run had all together left me winded and out of breath.
CAN YOU SEE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?????

"Tough times don't last but tough people do."   - A.C. Green
Running in the snow is hard, you run differently then you would normally, using muscles that may be dormant. This leaves you a bit more winded...But it still wasn't comforting to me. I could hardly put one foot in front of the other.
Well that was hours ago. I am still exhausted. I am so thankful to my girls for committing to run no matter what. It was one of those days when you wouldn't have pushed yourself half as far as you went. When I finished I felt like I had really accomplished something great. But boy, did I feel less than great.

Not every RUN is a Euphoric experience.  Even though I know that it doesn't make it any better. This is why I encourage you to have a partner or two. They pick you up when you are down, they encourage you, they hold you accountable and even on those bad days they make them so much better~
"Every day is a good day when you run." -Kevin Nelson
RUNDOWN
Distance:8 MILES
Time: 1:14
Pace: 9:05

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment