"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Removing my Layers of Ugly.

 “Saying NO to the wrong things creates space to say YES to the right things.” –  Mack Story


The leaves are changing, just yesterday it seems they were alive and lush. The trails were heavy with foliage and a heartbeat of its own. But over the course of just a couple weeks the colors have changed, giving us that final dance of color and life before their death. 
A similar death that Danielle and I ran up on today in the woods with a much harsher end, a buck that feasted all summer, plump and lively now lay spiritless in a hunters hands. A very happy hunter and a less expressionate buck. 
Running is winding down for the year. My season of racing has peaked like the leaves and it is now time to wind down. 
My season of racing lasted over 6 months. It was a very abundant season. I feel so blessed and I am so grateful for God coaching, strengthening and directing me. 

 I am going into a new season, a unfamiliar season. I am excited and nervous for these new changes. I am stepping into a unfamiliar territory moved by curiosity, a different passion and obedience. My running schedule will change and like me, will adapt to a new adventure, because I like adventures!
I shared my new running schedule with Danielle as we ran and we carved out our next run with excitement. 
And we shared new goals, new dreams, we refreshed our thoughts on training, letting the thrill of our next season move us.  

As we ran, the temps warmed up and I questioned the apparel I chose, I didn't have any layers to "put off, I was in a long sleeve thermal shirt and a vest. I gritted it out, finding myself tuckered out by the time we had finished our run.

 I wanted nothing more than to get home and shut myself in. I had things to catch up on at home. 
When I finished getting my "skirt work" done I was pleased to sit, read study. I love this quiet time. 

Colossians 3:8 " But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander and obscene talk from your mouth." 

Lake loop at Holly Rec 

This verse spoke volumes to me in multiple ways. Like the dead leaves falling or layers that need to be removed, anger, wrath, malice, slander, obscene talk need to die or be peeled off. 
The words we speak bring "life and death". 
We have all been on one side of someone's wrath and if you haven't I have enough times for all of us. 
I have been slandered, gossiped about and had anger so raged that I was scared for my life and the life of those around me. 
BUT WAIT....there's more....
Let's not throw stones...I am no saint. Let's not be a hypocrite Anita. I hang my head in shame at some of the rage I have spewed, blaming it on my blood, Irish and Mexican. This girl might be tiny but she can pack a powerful punch of venom. And if I don't blame it on my blood I will blame it on the circumstance of growing up in a very volatile home and if that isn't enough to justify my actions I can always try to convince myself  and you that I was so deeply mistreated that I acted out of a broken spirit.  
I have been caught up in conversations that are slanderous and hurtful. I have been so wounded and upset that I have let my pain direct me into poor communication and gossip. 
Today, I was reminded to remove this like a layer of clothing that is holding me back.
These things might look lively in your life, they may even make you the center of attention and the life of the party but they are quite the opposite. 
I am being prompted to add this to my training. Like removing dirty clothes at the end of a wonderful run, these need to be peeled off. 

“Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
Warren Buffett
Holly Rec, I love who ever decorated the trails with these, even though the pumpkins were scowling I was laughing! 




ANITA~

No comments:

Post a Comment