"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 7, 2021

BEAR Lake Ultra T- 2 days.

 “All great achievements require time.” Maya Angelou

I am just having one of those days I can not quit smiling. Not because everything is perfect. Not because I am having a good hair day (I haven't even had a shower today).Not because the sun is shining (its actually day 4 of gloomy Michigan weather). And not because I had a great run (I actually struggled terribly on my run today). But I am still smiling!

 "Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Gal.6:9
Truth be told it has been a very busy week. I am only on day 17 from being diagnosed with Covid and even though life is back on the saddle, I am riding a little tilted. My body, primarily my belly has not recovered very well. My energy is coming back and the heaviness in my lungs is not as prominent as it was last week, therefore the show must go on!
This past weekend, we took off for a couple nights to camp in Petosky, it was so wonderful. 
Monday morning, I was able to join Joy at Barn45 for our bible study in Colossians, Monday night, I attended her bible study in Haggai, Tuesday I worked and went directly to addiction recovery night at church, then Wednesday, Joy and I did our bible study at 9am again and off to work I went, home again at almost 9pm. I was still upright and in overall good spirits. There has just been so many things to smile about. 
So today was a quieter day. 
I was about 2 steps behind Rachel on our run this morning. For 7 miles, we talked about the goodness of God. We glorified Him in the good and the bad. We were reminded of the many times we could have given up but we never did. The times we were discouraged, the times we were tired, the times life didn't go the way we planned but we never gave up and were able to watch God working things out better than anything we had planned. And then there are times when God worked things out that were not so comfortable for us BUT we were able to see him moving, see His miracles MORE in our misfortunes, mishaps and misunderstandings.

"Being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you might have great endurance and patience.." Col 1:11
Great Endurance and PATIENCE....
So Saturday is Bear Lake Ultra. I would be lying if I didn't have a few concerns. It's a 24 hour race designed with 1 aid station surrounded by a 3 mile loop in the woods somewhere in Lapeer.  
Just RUN and RUN and run, add some walking, some breaks but keep moving forward for 24 hours. 
I have about 1 concern for every MILE! 
This verse is everything I am going to need for the long haul. 
I am going to need a whole lot of endurance and patience. Slow and steady. I got a little rattled on our 7 mile run this morning when I felt like road kill with a half beating heart. 
Today, in my weakness, in my concerns, in my healing body I had to remind myself that God is the source of patience and endurance and His supply is infinite. 
Saturday race from todays outlook appears so close to impossible. Running for 24 hours from todays perspective makes me quiver. 
It perplexes me how my body will sustain momentum through the rain, through the humidity, through the sludge of trails for hours and hours. It concerns me the amount of suffering I will have to endure to finish 24 hours later. 
This is life. So many mountains we all are facing. Today, I am reminded to stay focused on just showing up. Then going one mile at a time, one hour at a time but stay focused with patience. 
God is my source of strength, by myself the task looks daunting and to difficult to accomplish in my current condition but knowing I have to be patient with my body and not give up gives me confidence and even excitement to get out there! 

“Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” Tony Gaskins

Anita~
How many miles do you think I will get in 24 hours??? Closest to THE HOLE WINS!

I really hope there are no cameras out there.....
ONE of my CONCERNS! 




2 comments:

  1. 78-83. You're going to kill it! I can't wait to read the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MICHELLE!!! I get so excited when I hear from you. Thank you for your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete