"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 29, 2021

No Excuses

 "Throw up, move on. Make that your mantra." Hal Koeners Field Guide to Ultrarunning. 



I think that's one of the reasons I like ultra running. No whiners allowed. You don't baby an ultra runner. My cross country kids would complain about side stitches. They never liked my answer, "Keep running."
When it rained, "Keep running." When they threw up, "You are AMAZING." 

I often think "Anita, when are you going to quit this running thing?" I don't know. I just love it. I love how hard it is. Especially these days. 
Playing in the woods is always an adventure. Every run on the trails is a new adventure. No run is the same. The trails are changing. Deer, turkeys, snakes, woodpeckers, owls, it is like a wildlife zoo. 

"Rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted in prayer," Romans 12:12
I started my week off last Monday with Danielle on the trails at Highland Rec. We both had our butts handed to us. 17 miles sounded like a great idea at 7:30am. However, we were both clinging to "hope" to finish upright at the 10 mile marker. 
Every run I cling to hope. I have been broken so many times, I never take 1 mile for granted. I have been humbled, hurt and helpless. But I have never quit. I have been on my knees in prayer asking God for a voice to throw in the towel. I have not gotten that yet. I have prayed for God to be loud, to take my passion from me if that was His will. 
But that passion still burns. 
2ACL surgeries
1 meniscus surgery
1 appendectomy
IT band 2 times
Breast Cancer, 6 months of chemo, double mastectomy, ovaries removed, 20 rounds of radiation, multiple reconstructive surgeries and a summer of PF. 
Some might think that was God speaking to me...and it was, He was telling me "Don't Give Up, I am carrying you." 

We have to quit giving up so easy. "Throw up, and move on" 


I am still holding on with the BIG Dogs on "Run the Mitt" .  I logged all my runs today. By the grace of God go I! If I had given up back in January letting my excuses by stronger than my dreams I would never have seen this miracle. 
Monday: Highland Rec: 17m
Tuesday: Recovery
Wednesday: Backroads: 12m
Thursday: Independence Oaks 10.25, Run w/CRU 5.25= 15.25m
Friday: Recovery
Saturday: Backroads: 20.40m
Sunday: Holly Rec: 9.13m
Total miles: 73.78


Special thanks to Antonio R at Complete Runner for putting me new shoes. I am trying out Altras trail shoes. 

Andy and I hit the muddy trails on Saturday. My new shoes got broke in real quick! 

We all have excuses. We all have reasons for why we have them. But learning to OVERCOME them is where the real power is!
  • “No one ever excused his way to success.” – Dave Del Dotto
  • “The heart has its reasons but the mind makes the excuses.” – Amit Abraham

  • “No excuses. Play like a champion.” – Kelley O’Hara
  • “I. Hate. Excuses. Excuses are a disease.” – Cam Newton
  • “Stop standing in your own way. Stop making excuses. Stop talking about why you can’t. Stop sabotaging yourself. Decide which direction you are going in and take action. One decision at a time, one moment at a time.” – Akiroq Brost

ANITA~

Running tip: Blisters
Blisters are sometimes a tell tale sign of something different than you may think. They can be prevented as easily as wearing running socks. But sometimes they can be a sign of abnormalities with your feet. It could be with your foot strike, or how you are distributing the weight as you plant your feet. If you are continuing to get them you should look deeper into this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment