"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Social Distancing

"Can we talk about something other than the Corona virus, I am sick of everyone talking about this...." Alec ranted from the back seat of the car.
It was like a slap in the face. I had to put myself in time out and assess our conversations.
Alec was right. 
Even though the virus had now officially hit all 50 stated but had not affected us physically, it had done a lot of damage.
And even though most of us have not even come in contact with anyone who has had the virus we ALL have been in contact with those who have spread the fear and concern of the virus, understandably.
If you have not been affected physically, it has now stolen our finances, our freedom, our routines and our peace to name a few.  We all have been affected at this point.

I had to seriously rack my brain to think of something else to talk about. Both the boys were game to getting out of the house. We packed the bikes and headed to Indian Springs for some Social Distancing.

It was great to see so many people at the park. Everyone was very friendly. It was like we all felt the tension but we were all trying to be kind.

We are all trying to be responsible in this.
By now most of us have gotten groceries and our homes have been disinfected 2 times over!

I have made a list of some of the things we all can still do:
  1. Send out cards to encourage those that are struggling. I personally know how much of a difference this meant to me being sick.
  2. Have your children color pictures and send them to loves ones. 
  3. GET OUTSIDE. Go for a walk, a bike ride, a scavenger hunt in the woods with the kids, but GET OUTSIDE! The fresh air will help calm you, the Vitamin D will prevent you from getting depressed. 
  4. Reconnect lost relationships.
  5. Make a list of daily/ weekly goals, this will help you to stay focused and feel like you are accomplishing something. (clean out closets, organize, bake, paint, ect…) 
  6. Take time everyday to be in prayer and read Gods word. His word brings peace. 
Rundown:

My body is slowly healing. My Pt guy said that my knee is going to be a long road. 

I am out of work currently allowing me to have a little more freedom to run. I was supposed to run a race on St Patties day. And typical Anita fashion, I had a goofy skirt and headband to wear. Andy asked me if I wanted to run the trails. I was excited to wear my outift because the race got cancelled. I was nervous how my knee would hold up but I was also anxious to see how it would do also. 
I not only was able to run the 6 mile trail at Holly Rec but I also ran it in 1 hour. This is pretty good for me, granted I was gassed and totally spent but I was also stoked! 

Today, I went for a walk. Even Sasquatch was tired of social distancing himself! 
Someone snuck out of the woods! 


I didn't do any running today, I did walk 2.5 miles and biked 8 miles with the boys. 
It felt so good to have my boys with me. Like when they were kids. For that brief time out there chaos was a echo, ever so faint. 
I was reminded I have near me what matters most, Family. 
It was calming. 

A few quotes/Verses  to help settle your fears. 
  1. “Calmness is the way we show that we are trusting in God.”
  2. “Sometimes God calms the storm.  Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.”
  3. Isaiah 26:3 “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
  4. 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.”

One sees qualities at a distance and defects at close range. Victor Hugo
In closing, it is a great reminder that sometimes we have to distance ourselves a little bit to see a different picture. My mother used to say "Anita, stand back and look at it..."  As we are all social distancing ourselves lets take some time and look at things from a different perspective. Looking at this time with a different lens, set the chaos that is surounding us at bay distancing yourself from even that. Look for beauty, seek peace, keep your smile. 
Anita~


















No comments:

Post a Comment