"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Keep Smiling

"Be open for what you are least prepared for." 
".....I think you may have to get some imaging done...." Chris my PT guy at Clint Verrans PT is a pretty nerdy therapist and I think I have exasperated even him. Dog gone stupid stinking knee.
Wednesday I ran 6 miles at Holly Rec. I didn't get 2 tenths of a mile before I had to turn around to get my spikes.
This was probably not the most brilliant idea.
Thursday, after assessing me, giving me shock wave treatment on my patella and working on me, Chris was very stern on me NOT running after I saw him.
"Well, can I do the elliptical?" He looked at me like I had lost my brains. "NO, No repetitive motion."
With my tail between my legs I headed towards home.
I decided it would be in my best interest to NOT even go to the gym and be tempted. If anyone can find a loop hole that would be me.
The knee: hurts everyday, along with the rest of my body. Same ole song. It starts to really mess with your head. I am trying to be patient with my body. I am trying to keep things in perspective with gratitude.
I try to plan out my week, scheduling things that I will get excited for.
Attending our addiction ministry at church. One of my passions is loving on people, I love to wrap my arms around Jean, Becky, Don R, and those who come looking for encouragement and support on Tuesday nights.
And baking, I made a Pineapple Kentucky Butter Bundt cake for work.
And my long runs with Lacey on Sundays. Sunday Runday.

RUNDOWN
Sunday Runday.
I rested my body the rest of the week after Chris told me not to run Thursday.
I wanted to be able to run with Lacey today. It was going to be 60 degrees and I didn't want to cheat our run.
We ran 12 miles. Slow and steady. One mile at a time, walking each mile for about 30 seconds. My body did it. It wasn't a pain free run but it was tolerable and strong-ish!
If I can just keep adding miles, stay healthy and not be stupid I may be able to do some of the longer races I had planned.
I have had to readjust my goals but I am still setting them and I am still DREAMING big little Anita dreams.
I just have to stay off the pity pot, don't be a big baby and quit whining because  "It is what it is".
 Monday: PT, Holdridge w/Claudia 5miles
Wednesday: PT Holly Rec. 6miles
Thursday: PT
Sunday: Backroads w/Lacey 12 miles
Total miles: 23 miles.


I have been invited into a group "21 days of Abundance".  You are given tasks every day to make you dig deeper and do some introspecting.
One of the tasks this week was "List 50 people who have influenced your life."
WOW! I challenge you to get out a journal and do this.
I thought of each person and how they have impacted my life. Some of them are YOU reading this. I wrote family members, alive and passed. Tearfully penning my mom, dad, grandma and Ariel. Friends, running partners, clients, church friends, authors, nurses and enemies.
To be most honest, my enemies had to be on this list. The people who have hurt me the most have also taught me the most. They truly have shaped me more than many. Pain is a lesson hard forgotten.
I have had people tell me they know me. I always laugh when people tell me they know me, I think "Good for you, I can't figure myself out to save my life, please share!"
Thankfully, I know my identity is in Christ and I always went back to Him for healing, not at all perfect to learn, forgive, and grow.
I have been influenced so deeply by pain. With no bitterness or resentments I know I am grateful to even my harshest influencers.
"Today, I behold the abundance that surrounds me." 
I challenge you to try this exercise. It is very powerful.

"Be open for what you are least prepared for." 

Just a year ago this was me, Crazy goofy Anita doing her ridiculous shenanigan's. I wasn't prepared for what would happen to me. But as unprepared as I was, living each day like it was a gift, with gratitude and a good attitude will be your best partners for whatever comes at you. 
I had all kinds of BIG plans after I got a "Cancer Free" diagnosis only to have my knee blow out on me, again not prepared for that blow. I love this quote, "Yep, this is where I am at, suck it up Anita, it is what it is!" 
Keep Smiling.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment