"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Trying to mimick Hennipen

Todays goal was 20 miles.
Mother nature decided to bless me with 80' weather. This is awesome weather for the Fourth of July. It's even better weather when your playing at the beach.
However running...The only thing that makes it good is "Its Good Training".

I knew Lacey was in full training mode when we connected between our houses to knock out this blistering training run.
"ANITA, I have a plan...."

The PLAN
Run roads.
Run as flat as we could.
Run as much sun as we could.
Run taking walk breaks.
Run intentionally drinking fluids.
Run hot, and that's not sexy hot.
Its stinky, sweaty, salty HOT!
The plan to try and mimick Hennipen the best we could.

Lacey isn't as tolerant to the heat as I am. But she is tough. Her plan was the plan of a tough cookie. She knew it was going to be a lot of suffering. But there is just something about that suffering that is addictive.
McDonalds pit stop. filled our water bottles, peed, and Lacey reminded me to eat something, and not a cheeseburger and fries!

Suffering is pushing is yourself outside of your comfort zone. It is flirting with failure. You have to step out in Faith. Believing you can, you will, NO MATTER WHAT.

The sun baked our skin, drained us. Lacey knew she was going to end up with a sunburn.


It was a tough run. Lacey shared about 14 miles with me. When I dropped her off she filled my water bottle and brought me a ice cold wash cloth and some ice cubes. I took a couple minutes to enjoy these little treasures.

I put my music in my ears, hollered a "WOOT WOOT" and headed towards my home, the long way!

So many thoughts go through your mind when your in the hurt locker. I turned my music up louder and found myself running stronger.
My legs were dripping in sweat. My hair was pulled off my neck but I could feel the dampness. When I licked my lips I could taste the salt. I loved it. It was proof I was doing it, I was getting it done. The heat wasn't my enemy. I was my enemy if I gave into to all the suck factors.

Rundown:
Distance: 20+ miles (I forgot to start my Garmin..I didn't even mean to turn it off, typical Anita)
Pace: 9:47min/mi
Walk breaks every mile.
Fluids: over a liter of water.
Nutrition: Pre-run Roast beef/ham and cheese sandwich. Juice Plus chews during run. Post run Apple, handful of salt and vinegar chips, Alecs crust off his PBJ. He sat with me afterwards. Both boys did. I enjoyed my boys sitting with me, sharing their workouts.
We ALL got our workout in.
Austin went to the gym.
Alec actually passed Lacey and I on the backroads heading to the highschool to do speed work and bleachers for football.
AND.....
ANDY put his RUNNING SHOES on for the first time in over a year!! WOOT WOOT!



Back at it tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will bring my miles down and let my body forgive me.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today" Abraham Lincoln

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment