"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Running the course: Influence

Getting ready for a HOT RUN!!


I have not had a lot of miles in the last few weeks. Starting tomorrow I am going to start adding some miles. My body is still in recovery mode. I think I am going to take it nice and easy but start adding miles. I would like to get at least 30 miles in this week. We will see.
It has been a tough week. We have had something going on every night and day for the last 9 days. It starts to wear on you. I feel so vulnerable to bad behavior when I am being pulled in every direction...

Last night we had a birthday party for my niece. We were going to be around a lot of family. I prayed hard that I would be on my best behavior. After a long week you never know what will come out of your mouth. I never know what will come out of my mouth!
Families have so many personalities. My personality is hyper, loud, and often irritating to others. So I always try to be the opposite so that I will not unnerve people. I try to be meek, quiet, and to myself. Key Word: TRY! If you know me you will know that I fail miserably at this.
I got a good laugh as I was filling up a plate of food. "Matt" my sister in laws brother says to me "I want to get a hold of NIKE or something and give them your story." He said it twice before I realized he was talking to me. I stammered around in response trying to figure out WHY?? This was so sweet to hear him say this.  Then "Matt: says "I read your blog..." I am slightly embarrassed and reply chuckling "Ha ha, You read that....." And he said "Yes, sometimes you NEVER KNOW WHO IS READING....."

"Matt" is right. he is right on so many levels.
You never know who is WATCHING.
You never know who is LISTENING.
You never know who is being INFLUENCED by your behavior
.
"For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." Romans 7:15
I am not perfect. But I try really hard. I do not always follow my own advice about running or life. I guess that could make me a hypocrite. But it is not malicious or intentionally hurtful to others. It is scary knowing that someone reads this stuff. I would never want to be a stumbling block to people.

You are influencing people whether you Know it, Like it or Believe it!
As you go through your course of life there are constant bystanders watching, cheering or waiting to see how you are running your course.
Some will feed off your energy and want to grow with you, others may be hurt by your actions or confused and there are others that are just trying to figure you out.

Who knows who reads this...I don't. I hope I have never caused you to stumble. I pray that my blog has been encouraging and a building block. That is my intention. My heart is to be an encouragement to others no matter WHAT Race you are RUNNING.  Whether you are lacing up or living life I hope you learn how to Dig deep, Persevere, Stay Strong, Have Faith, Cry a little, Laugh a lot and continue to Move forward being the best YOU you can be~


Speaking of STUMBLING: Calling ALL prayer WARRIORS. "Danielle" my running partner fell. She injured her hamstring pretty bad. She is nervous. Please Please lift her up in prayer. For peace, healing, patience and strength. I have watched Danielle grow in Christ and see her as such an angel, I am so Blessed that God put her in my path. God is good All the Time.
All Done with our 5 mile run! Thank God!!


RunDown:
Time: 46 min
Distance: 5:04
Pace: 9:09
Soo HOT(my husband is sooooo HOT---yes he hacked this blog:). But got the Whole Family out there!! Alec rode his Bike and Austin, Andy and I ran. I was very proud of Austins discipline at staying with us and not speeding ahead. His discipline proved to show him finish and finish strong in 90 degrees.

HA HA>>>I left my computer up...Can U find out WHOO got into it??!!!!

"Hold fast to the Bible. To the influence of this Book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization and to this we must look as our guide in the future." Ulysses S. Grant 

 "Every life is a profession of faith, and exercises an inevitable and silent influence"


ANITA~

2 comments:

  1. I agree Anita. The last few months has been an eye opener for me as well. You never know who is watching you and whose life you might influence. It certainly gives you a different persepctive and forces you to think before acting :)

    I personally believe this blog is a positive influence and serves to encourage and inspire your readers.

    I am happy to hear that Austin is applying discipline in his pacing !! With increased discipline and focus he could be even more successful than he already is. I don't doubt that it will happen, he has 2 very good examples in you and Andy :)

    KG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay...You are most definitely in a role of influence. It is awesome to see the impact you can have on kids. You took that role very seriously and a lot of kids went far from that experience. The Huskies were very lucky to have such a great role model for a coach!!

      Delete