"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 11, 2012

Another Close call..Road Running

I run the roads. When I started out running I started running the roads so I could take my vehicle  back around my route to know  how many miles I ran.  I had to run routes that my truck could drive through.

I have gotten very familiar with running along side of roads. Sometimes there is no shoulder to run on and sometimes the speed limit is 60 mph and people pass you at 70!  I have ran when there is road construction, car accidents, movies being filmed and police stopping to ask me if I have seen certain people!
It is second nature to me. I have been chased unto 4 lane highways by a pack of dogs, I have jumped 10 feet into the air then road by bathing snakes, I have even stopped traffic to save ungrateful snapping turtles. I have BEEN HIT...and been part of an accident all while RUNNING!

But here it is. It is DANGEROUS. I don't have enough fingers or toes to tell you how many times I have almost been hit. When I go out for a run on the road I always Pray to the Lord to put a hedge of protection around me. I ask God to send his Angels in full armor to protect me and keep me safe.

Today was another day I almost got hit.
When running you ALWAYS run INTO oncoming traffic. This allows you to see your driver come towards you. After years of running you can actually HEAR the cars coming from behind you.

As I was running there was a garbage truck stopping to get his load. Because his industrial size truck took up the entire lane I could tell there was something big coming up behind me.
It was not only BIG it was also driving exceedingly FAST.  It came up unto the passing lane pummeling in between the garbage truck and me like a bull in a china shop. It scared me to death. I felt the air swoosh past me taking the truck just inches from my right arm.

It startled me..No, it scared me to stinking death. I was glad I made a pit stop at McDonalds to empty my bladder 2 miles back. I instantly thanked God. He is my Protector. I would have been lines in the pavement had that Semi Truck hit me. YES..It was a Semi truck passing a dump truck on a two lane road!!

Be Careful Out there Runners on the Road.
Be safe, smart and Remember to say a Prayer!!
PSALMS 91
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4
He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

RunDown:
Distance:7:02
Pace: 8:12
Time: 58 min
Many drivers are so kind and courteous. As drivers are coming at me I am always thankful to them for moving over. I am all the way on the shoulder but some drivers move over out of kindness. I always try to give them a thumbs up or a wave.  I had a higher number of drivers show me this courtesy today making up for Mario Andretti driver in the Semi Truck.

 Calling all road runners...
Whats your crazy running story?? Please share..
  

ANITA

2 comments:

  1. ANITA!!! I am so glad you are safe!! Praise God for his protection!!!! Continue to be careful and vigilant of what is going on around you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle!
      I am trying some more dirt roads, you have encouraged me to step out of my box.

      Delete