"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Double UP!

Double Take: Double Trouble: or just plain DOUBLE UP!!

Between my Niece "Sarah" and my son "Austin" they both were wanting or needed to run today.

I was excited to see "Sarah" enjoying a cup of hazelnut coffee on the couch when I returned from dropping the boys off from school.
I love our Wednesdays together. She stays the night on Tuesdays and we have started running together on Wednesday.
After she finished her coffee we both got ready, grabbed Sheba and headed out into the sun for a run!
About 5 years ago we spray painted this to show 1 Mile from our House!!

We passed time in deep conversation. Our run had pleasant walk breaks scattered throughout. These walk breaks enabled us to filter the conversation that we were both engrossed in. I was sharing some things with "Sarah" that I have only told only a couple people. I was scared to share my deepest demons. When giving my demons away it is bittersweet. Those demons are not only damaging to me they are also protecting and guarding of my secrets. Put I purged. I am relatively transparent. My niece is 19. She just wants to be understood or at least someone to be sympathetic to her hurts, emotions and experiences.  We discussed the difference between being JUDGMENTAL and ACCOUNTABLE.

" I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in."

Sarah didn't need anyone to judge her but she want to be a better person and seeks accountability in a loving way. So often people drop the "Don't Judge me." line of crap. It is an easy self DEFLECTING statement. A statement that often keeps that person from taking any responsibly for their choices.

  "It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality."

 "Sarah" finished what she thought to be a 3 mile run with color in her cheeks and looking more alive than last week. She came even more to LIFE when I told her we actually did 4 miles!! I snuck an extra one in there!

Today was "Austins" 3 mile training run for the Solstice Run in two weeks. Andy was supposed to run it with us but when he came home at 11pm from a double header he was wincing and limping. He tore something in his quad. That guy spends more time in the hurt locker than on the pavement.
"Austin" brought his friend "Devon" along for the run. "Devon" did not seem sold on the idea. He ran home to get shoes. When he arrived he was embarrassed of his old beat up white NIKE shoes. They were his grandpas. They were not only his grandpas they were NOT Running shoes. Poor "Devon" didn't make it a mile when he twisted his ankle. He was miserable. He quit before mile 2. He separated and headed home.
It was actually at that point we were able to get into our groove finishing strong at our designated 3 mile.

Break up your runs. It is nice to have a day when you do a easy run and maybe a hill run. Or maybe you just want to get some "Junk" miles in. This is a great way to get with a friend who may be a bit slower than you or even a few miles with someone that is faster than you. On hot days this is also a safe way to get your miles in without getting discouraged or injured.


My favorite Snack, I love ice cream but this is a lot healthier.

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment