"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Sometime you have to do it scared"

Fear:
I have them. Some justified, some NOT. I know that Fear can not live side by side of Faith. I try to keep control of my fears. Recognizing them is the first thing.
What am I afraid of?
What will I do if my fear comes true? Worst circumstances.
Is my fear healthy?
Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
I have many different fears. They are like an army. Usually I can control them and manage them. I can keep them in check. But occasionally one of my fears get out of line. When this happens I don't run smoothly.
This may come as a shock to you but one of my biggest fears are people!
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
I love people. I am an extrovert. The more people the more I saturate the energy and emotion. But as we all know people are not always the easiest to love and get along with.
Take the woman at the school parking lot. She looks innocent enough, until you look at her to let you out of your parking spot you have been in forever. And instead of her letting you out she screams profanities at you with your kids and the kids you car pool with in the car. I wanted to love her...

Or have you ever done something nice for someone only to find out you did it wrong?!

And heaven forbid someone ask you what "you think" about something and you find yourself in the boxing ring being verbally attacked. 

So you do what I do. I set boundaries. The fear factor of being hurt by people or hurting people can leave us defenseless. Boundaries are not just to protect my heart but also to prevent ME from putting myself in a bad situation. 
There is a lot of power in positive thinking. Negativity can quickly steal our joy and hinder us from being a positive influence in others. Setting boundaries enables us to have more control on this.

I sometimes wish there was an infomercial that says " A dose of Good attitude, take One a day Guaranteed positive results or your money BACK!"

It is possible to control our thoughts, regardless of what we've been led to believe. As soon as a negative thought comes into our mind, purposefully make it a point to replace it with a positive one.
"We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ," 2 Corin 10:5

Stop letting other people's negative attitudes influence Mine. This may mean we need to stop hanging around with people who do nothing but spout negative stuff.
I heard it once said that it takes 8 positive statements to cover up 1 Negative comment made to us!!

So yes, sometimes people scare me. I get afraid of what people may say. Or even what I may say! I have been known to open the jaw and let the words come out faster than the discernment that should have reigned my tongue in.
Then it is "I" that is overcome with guilt and voices of remorse floating in my head.

Having fears are pretty normal. Letting them dictate your life is not. Setting healthy boundaries is a important step to protect your heart and having more control over your thoughts and responses to life.

I have to take my fears to God daily. I also have to ask HIM to help me set up boundaries. The problem with boundaries are that you can set them so ridged that your "fence" can not breath. Not only does Nothing come in but Nothing goes out either. We we designed to love and interact with others no matter how scary we are!

The little man is getting sick..So mama made him some chicken noodle soup~
 

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Baked chicken pulled apart
1 box chicken broth
2 cups water
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1 tomato chopped
Cook on stove on medium heat for 1 hour
Cheat...BUY a HERB already cooked chicken in your grocery store and remove skin and de-bone.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment