"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A little of this and that....

Trader Joes Pumpkin Bread made LOW FAT.
Used 1 cup H2O
1 Cup Sugar Free Applesauce
2 eggs
1/2 cup Golden Raisins
Baked for 30 minutes at 350degrees. I put them in mini muffin pans. 
*****Five stars and about 1 gram of fat per muffin!!!
Danielle and I haven't ran together since April.
After I dropped the boys off to school I came home to get ready to meet "Danielle" and "Katie" for a run. I have been really thankful for "Katie" and her enthusiasm to run together every week. Katie has been so consistent, she is a blessing to have, always wanting to make sure we get together once a week and do our 8 mile Indian Springs Run.
Today was a different day. We had company.  "Danielle" left me a message kinda out of the blue a couple weeks ago after reading some of my blogs. Do you remember "Danielle" ? I hadn't heard from her since May..right after we ran Boston together!! Yup, Danielle, and I found each other in the midst of hundreds of people running the Boston Marathon. We hadn't seen each other since High School 20 years ago and "run" into each other running this Grandaddy of races!
And today Katie and I were going to meet her and get to run together. I had been looking foreword to this all week. I knew that Katie would love her.
Although it was 34 degrees outside the three of us had a perfect run. The sun only shone his face for our 8 miler today. From the point of our run ending it got what felt like windier, colder and let the snow fall! It was so nice to see Danielle and to run with her.
I was trying to keep our pace at 8:30-8:45. But with Danielle there I had to keep reigning myself in. She has these gazelle like legs. Danielle is medium height but I think mostly legs. She has a total runners body.  Having her next to me I wasn't really paying attention to our speed until I looked at Katie and realized she wasn't talking anymore. Katie was such a Champion. She ran her fastest 8 miler today! I was so proud of her. I felt bad pushing her but she did it. We had a great run, with alot of laughter, smiles and sweat!
Thought this was interesting!! Pretty good stuff.


Robin Williams
Katie Holmes
Jeff Corwin
Gordon Ramsey
Will Farrell
Edward Norton

Todays Smoothie: Mango Strawberry : 1 cup strawberries, 1 mango, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup Boathouse Green Goddess, 1/2 cup  of ice and 3 tablespoons Shaklee Vanilla soy protein.  Makes 3 servings.

Anita




THE RUNDOWN:
Pace:8:27
Time:1:07
Distance:8:01

No comments:

Post a Comment