"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 26, 2023

MIGHTY

 "And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.." Marianne Williamson 
Shelby ran in Tawas with us. My heart was overflowing with love

"Anita, how long are you going to keep running like this?" A client of mine jokingly asked me. 
I laughed, because that's what I prefer to do whenever I am asked this question. 
They responded with intensity, "No, No, seriously, you cannot keep running like this, your body is going to break down." 

I have several different answers on speed dial. I have asked myself this question many times. 
The answers depend on the audience. 

If it is THE LORDS will for me to no longer run, I have always prayed the He would give me peace to leave my running behind. 

Many miles of running. 
Many seasons of running.
Many injuries from running. 
Many Praises to the Lord in my running. 
Many races, many faces and many places. 
But the Lord continues to keep me running. 

After I laughed to my client, I walked in front of them and said, "I am not afraid of my body falling apart from running, it actually is the best way to have my body fall apart, I am more afraid of being afraid of living in fear. " 

But I had many more words, words that were deeper, heavier, however, I thought it was best to keep it light with laughter. I added some joke, poked fun at myself and jumped into another subject. 

"Call onto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which though knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

If you would have asked me 20 years ago if I would still be running, I would have told you NO. 
Over 2 decades of running compiled of victories, failures, friendships, experiences and destinations I could never have dreamed of. 
I can look back over the last 20 years and see God made a way when there was no way. 
The glory was not me being in the limelight, The Lord was in the LIMELIGHT and always gets the glory. 
It has nothing to do with miles, or pace, or where I place, it has everything to do with humility in those miles and giving GOD all the Glory. 
My bravery has NOTHING to do with where I run, or how I run, my bravery is in full faith that I fully trust God no matter the outcome. If it looks like a failure to man often it is a victory to the Lord. 
The Lord has given me over 20 years of GREAT AND MIGHTY things I would never have known if I never stepped out in faith.  

I am reading in Exodus chapter 1:20 "So God was good to the midwives and the people multiplied and became VERY MIGHTY."
Just a few verses back Exodus phrases the growth of the nation as "exceedingly mighty.

All this MIGHTY talk counseled me. When we put the LORD first, without FEAR from our surroundings and live our faith out loud, we are MIGHTY. 
Moving against the grain in a world that is morphing into mayhem is MIGHTY. 
Living in faith with both compassion and conviction is MIGHTY. 
Finding security in Christ alone is MIGHTY. 
Being brave to feel EVERYTHING even when it hurts is MIGHTY. 
Learning to stand alone in a world that is populated with people is MIGHTY. 
Allowing the mundane to be monumental is MIGHTY. 

Be Brave friend. It just takes a step of courage and a call unto the Lord. He has great and mighty things for you. 

In Peace, not Pieces. 
ANITA

No comments:

Post a Comment