"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Don't Flinch

 

Yesterday, Andy and I went over to our oldest sons house to help mount his TV.  Austin, he is a rowdy man. I think you can figure out where he received his rambunctious behavior from. 
A younger Anita used to love to box. I know, hard to imagine. I had a little bit of crazy in me back then. Becoming a mother, I had to retire the gloves.  
But "Boy Wonder" about the same age I was when I took up boxing, took up martial arts. 
He loves to wrestle, grapple and throw his 200lb weight around. 
At his place yesterday, he threw a low thigh kick at me, "OUCH" I yelped. A couple more kicks, and down I fell onto the couch. Truth is he has NO IDEA how strong he is. There was a day I would have got right in there. 
But instead, I waited....
And with his back to me I threw a weak roundhouse to his buns, SMACK!! He didn't even flinch
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
–1 Peter 4:16

Austin knew his mom would not quit. He knew I would not let him get the last move in. HE KNEW. 
That is why he didn't flinch. Even with his back to me he knew it was coming but he was not AFRAID.

I thought of this with my day-to-day grind. I know that I am going to face trials. I am going to have hard days; life is going to sucker punch me. But to live Flinching in fear is not showing Faith in Christ. 

Part of the reason Austin didn't flinch is because he knows he is much bigger, much stronger and much more capable than his little mother at protecting and defending himself. 

Flinching Chickens
I have 6 chickens, a motley crew of hens, I love them, I feed them, I visit them, I have a safe home for them, I take very good care of them. When I walk into their coop, they come to me but when I bend down to touch them, they FLINCH! I am crushed, "I am here to LOVE you little ladies..." I sing softly to them. But they are filled with fear. 
Sometimes even we are so filled with fear that we even flinch in areas of safety. 
Fear can do that. 



"I ask that He strengthen you in your inner selves from the riches of His glory through the spirit." Ephesians 3:16

Never flinch. The Lord strengthens you.  
These days maybe not as much physically but spiritually I am being restored and redeemed so I do not have to flinch with life throws its punches at me. 
Stay strong in the Lord, He is your strength in your struggles, you do not have to FLINCH, keep your Fatih. 

In Peace, not Pieces,
Anita 



No comments:

Post a Comment