"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 15, 2023

"I am what I am"



Each race I sign up for has a purpose. As much as a scatterbrain that I am, I really am very intentional about most of my plans.  however, thinking I sign up for races and not actually signing up was a total cluster like I did a couple weekends ago at "Trail Weekend." 

If my friends haven't had fun with that one, I sure have. That was a unintentional mess!


So for this weekend I have checked, double checked and confirmed that I AM running Highball to Thurmond. 
I am exceptionally excited about this race.
For ONE, it is only a 50 miler. I have not ran a 50 miler in a while. 
For Two, its in a different state, West Virginia!
For Three, we are going down with mom and dad, Dad grew up about 40 miles from the race. I asked him if he would like to go down with us and go visit his family. I am excited for Dad to tour us around the hill of West Virginia. 
For Four, it should be beautiful. It will be over 6000 feet of elevation that I will be climbing. I have over 12 hours to get to the finish line. 
"Highball to Thurmond" is the name of the race. You have to "Highball" it to the finish line, where the train station is located to catch the train for your ride home!  That just sounds like fun! A train back sounds like a blast! 

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 1st Corinth. 15:10

The Grace of God. 
  • I get asked, "How did you make it out of the mess you grew up in?" By the Grace of God. 
  • "How have you been married so long?" By the grace of God. 
  • "How do you run? Doesn't it hurt your knees?" By the grace of God. 
  • "How did you get through cancer?" By the grace of God. 
  • "How are you able to run the way you do?" By the grace of God. 

I have seen the Lord in everything, and I know that He is a good good God. 
It is not me, but the grace of God in and through me. 

I have had plenty of thorns in my life. Physical, mental, financial and even spiritual thorns that have cut deep. But God's grace is sufficient for me to overcome those thorns. 
I can't say I welcome them, but I can say the Lords grace helps me to see outside myself to overcome them. 
Truth is, I am really nothing special. "My righteousness is of filthy rags." But I know that the Lord does my heavy lifting. 
He supplies the endurance to not give up. 
He gives me the power to stand tall with confidence in Him (NOT ME). (God-fidence) 
He equips me to labor hard. 

When I learn to live my faith out loud, I also learn that He uses ALL of it for His Glory. Operating out of grace keeps me humble and available for Him to do the Mighty things. 

This weekend the truth is, YES! Yes, I am nervous. I get jittery. The gears on this old body are getting a little cranky. They don't wind up the same. 
But I am going to go down there and run for the Lord. I can't say I will be running "Graceful" BUT I will be running "GRACEFILLED." 
I am what I am. 

Call Unto me and I will answer tee, and shew thee great and mighty thigs which though knowest not." Jer. 33:3


Prayer Requests;
For the Henderson Family. Father is getting ready to go home with the Lord. Doug was such a good man. 

In Peace, not Pieces,

Anita~









No comments:

Post a Comment