"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 5, 2023

2022 Miles: Great and Mighty Miles

 "To feel ambition and to act upon it is to embrace the unique calling of our souls. Not to act upon that ambition is to turn our backs on ourselves and on the reason for our existence." Steven Pressfield 



DREAMS we Escape to. 
I vividly remember riding the school bus and looking out the window dreaming as a young child. Like it was yesterday, I can recall my dreams of a different reality. Dreams that would continue with great detail and affection every day creating my own world to escape to. 

Dreams are a great place to escape to especially if your reality is less than pleasant. But the truth of the matter is dreams are not received with a little pixie dust or found at the end of a rainbow.
Dreams are more often than not achieved then received.
My little mind bounces between rational dreaming and creative dreaming. 

2022 was another year of ambitions, of goals, of exciting dreams and even some bad ideas. 
I had a few failures, some tears of disappointment and even some opportunities lost. 
But it starts with a DREAM, With HOPE and With VISION that is just outside of your grasp. 
It is a dream that makes your heart flutter or that makes you question your crazy goal. 
It is the fear of failure that hides in the shadows of your dream, THAT, that is what drives me. 

Competing with others doesn't drive me, competing with myself is where my superpower is. 

2022: ME
Learning to run SOLO with JOY was a goal I continued to follow through with from 2021. When I got cancer, I was so broken, I had to learn how to love the silence. I had to rediscover myself. 
I had to get comfortable with being in the company of one. 
Last year, I continued that journey. I ran with friends and enjoyed that, but I ran a lot by myself. 
  • That meant I had to be accountable to myself
  • I had to follow through with my plans. 
  • I had to push myself
  • I had to be disciplined. 
  • I had to learn to TRUST. 
No excuses. Excuses do not dance with success. 
Positive Energy 
I learned to speak into myself, using my excuses as bait for training harder. 
OVERCOMING. A word of power, reminding and encouraging me I can defeat my handicaps, hang-ups and hardships. 

  1. I wanted to run Boston with Lacey, a 6 year dream come true. A true miracle. 
  2. I wanted to run a 100 miler.
  3. I wanted to pace a race. 
  4. I wanted to volunteer at a race. 
  5. I wanted to pace a friend.
I accomplished it all by the GRACE of GOD. 

MILAGE for 2022
January:221
February:180.5
March:247.7
April:219.64
May:279.5
June:238
July:254.3
August:300.1
September:344.3
October:266.5
November:195
December:186
TOTAL: 2932

Continue to Dare.
Dare yourself to DREAM. 
Humbly go forward to grow, to give and to live life fully. Go forth with NO more excuses, change your paradigm of thinking and keep your faith. 

I finished 2022 praising God. I am His Miracle. I look at this 49-year-old body, aging, sore, beat up but still out there running in HIS NAME. 
I proudly claim Jesus as my strength. 
He is my healer, my redeemer my miracle worker. I looked at those miles again and again as if I was reading them wrong. "How did I RUN those many MILES?' 
AHH, By the GRACE of God I go. GLORY TO GLORY!! 

He took this little pipsqueak and carried her to "Great and Mighty" places! 

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3 

My Life Verse. 

In PEACE, NOT PIECES, 
Anita~

(this post took way too long, Ill share my 2022 races this weekend and 2023 goals later)





No comments:

Post a Comment