"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 24, 2020

I KNOW.

You don't answer all my questions
But You hear me when I speak
You don't keep my heart from breakin'
But when it does, You weep with me
You're so close that I can feel You
When I've lost the words to pray
And though my eyes have never seen You
I've seen enough to say
I know that You are good......

I don't understand the sorrow
But You're calm within the storm
Sometime this weight is overwhelming
But I don't carry it alone
You're still close when I can't feel You
I don't have to be afraid
And though my eyes have never seen You
I've seen enough to say

I know that You are good
I know that You are kind
I know that You are so much more
Than what I leave behind
I know that I am loved
I know that I am safe
Cause even in the fire to live is Christ, to die is gain
I know that You are good....
Big DADDY WEAVE: I Know.  


This song was played at the end of the concert I went to with my sister in law and nieces on Saturday.
The words were illustrated on a large screen behind the band. "You don't answer all my questions..." From the moment I read these words the tears began to warm my cheeks.
"But Your the calm within the storm..."
No matter how positive I have tried to be the last 9 months it was a battle in the storm. He calmed my storms. He kept me safe. I never felt alone even when I was.
I had the sweetest evening. This song sings my heart. I encourage you to listen to it and read the words. Many of us are going through a storm or we have gone through one or getting ready to go through one.
When life fails you, when friends fail you or even when family fails you, and they will, you are always loved.

Winter Loops
I was enjoying my coffee at 7am when I responded to a text about running Winter Loops. Andy was registered to run this timed race. I was just planning on cheering him on for a couple hours. Within 2 minutes of answering a late text and calling my friend Melissa, I was running into the bedroom asking Andy when he was planning on leaving.
With only 2 sips of coffee down, I was scurrying around the house trying to get ready.
It was a timed race. 1.5 mile loop at either 2 hours or 4 hours. You see how many loops you can accomplish in the time you register for.
I signed up for the 2 hour.
I decided to run smart, be steady and just see what my body would let me do. I could stop at any time.
After the first loop I knew I had a problem. I hadn't gone poo-poo! My belly was cramping so bad. By the 3rd loop I was looking behind me trying to be as polite as I could as I crop dusted through the trails. I just kept running and giggling.

The trails were real icy. And very sadly, a friend of mine was actually taken to the ER. He shattered his ankle. The conditions were rough.
I had not ran this long in weeks. It was better to be safe than sorry. My thought process was (When I wasn't worrying about pooping my pants) "Well, at least I have PT in the morning, they can fix me back up!"
I wanted 10 miles but my first loop was over 20 minutes due to the congestion and me chatting with all the runners I knew.
I kept my pace pretty steady running the entire time. My knee got a little achy here and there but my energy was awesome. This made me so happy.
I was a third of a mile from the finish when the 2 hour timer went off. Thanks to Romano I ran it in rather than pout and walk it in.
I was super stoked! 10 miles and I was still up.
I stuck around to watch Andy and my CRU team come in for a couple laps. My sweat started getting to me with the shivers. I chatted with a few runners but then headed out to get coffee, and get home to go poo poo!

LIZ, PAM, ROMANO AND ANDY, ANDY, JOE, ME, ANDREA MY NEW FRIENDS, SHIRLY AND I, PAM AND LIZ AGAIN...Liz from Snow Moon Run who stayed with me, my new friend!

It was a fun day but it tuckered me out.


COLLISION: 
"You don't answer all my questions but you hear me when I speak..." I have questioned God a lot the last several months. But He answers me in His timing and in His way. 
Yesterday, He answered me by giving me 10 miles on the trails. He answers me in the little things
I have learned that if I don't see the little things then I will never appreciate the big things. The lil things make a BIG difference.
Grateful for my friendships. I have not been the best friend the last several months and I am very thankful for my friends loving me through it all. 

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment