"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving. Giving Thanks

It is the end of the day. I am tuckered both emotionally and physically.

This weeks events were kicked off with
  • Sunday Runday with Lacey. 9miles
  • Monday Funday with Claudia in Fenton, Dahners Park and downtown. 8miles
  • Tuesday busy busy at work. The Holiday Hair has started. 
  • Wednesday Group run at Holly Rec, backroads. Pie Day at my Mother in laws. I made potato soup for the family and a big breakfast casserole. I taught the nieces and nephews how to make pie crust. Alecs girlfriend, Lydia had fun learning with us all too. It was a LOONG day. 10miles
  • Thursday Run with the Hubby around town, BRR, 19' degrees. I hustled to my friends who were running at Holdridge to bring some pie for our Friendsgiving. And from there I kicked it into gear to get home and bake a Sweet Potato Casserole and Corn SoufflĂ©. Needless to say I was already exhausted and we had not even left for Thanksgiving Dinner yet. 5.5miles
HALT
Hungry 
Angry
Lonely 
Tired
(When these things are going on, it is a great Petri Dish for our own bad behavior.

This is a sure fire place to really make a mess out of yourself. 
As much fun as I have, I have really struggled with MYSELF. 

I had a few vomit of the mouth situations. Totally cringe reactions that left me wanting to put my tail between my legs. 
THANKFUL, Thankful for those friends that pray over me in the middle of my sloppy behavior. 
THANKFUL, Thankful for those friends that let me have a tearful breakdown in their kitchen when they are going through so much worse grief than I am. 

I am a little excitable, hyper, high strung, loud, at times obnoxious. I've been called dramatic, passionate, stubburn and spirited. 

I see people roll their eyes at me, I hear the words they say about me and 99% it never bothers me. I often laugh and say "I know, I give people a lot of material to tease me." 

But every so often things seep in the cracks. 
THANKFUL, Thankful for GODS loving reminders.
His PEACE in my Insecurity: "But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33
His Mercy in my Failures:  "Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge."   Psalms 57:1

A simple post.
No Photos.
Nothing all that great..But HIS promises. 

No Matter What..At the end of the day I am so blessed. God has been soo good to me. 
THANKFULNESS. It is a HEART issue. 

Find gratitude in all things. 
Being Thankful is an opportunity to look outside yourself. 
Thinking humbly. 


Sometimes we have tp put  ourselves in a TIME OUT chair, take a deep breath, pray, and give ourselves a LITTLE GRACE. 

Anita. 











"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." Psalms 51:10


No comments:

Post a Comment