"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Change.

"To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Eccl. 3:1


CHANGE.

My favorite season is summer.
But, Summer is gone.

Fall is upon us and the most beautiful part of Autumn is quickly passing us by.

The trees are loosing their canopy of majestic colors. The skies are getting grayer, the temps are getting colder and the days are getting shorter.
We try to embrace this seasonal change with Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes, chili, cider mills and pumpkin patches here in Michigan.
But...
CHANGE is not always something we all look forward to. Most of us try our best to overcome the tough changes or adapt with a good attitude.

"Insanity"- Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."
As the year quickly comes to a close I am getting excited to embrace some CHANGE into my new year.
The funny thing about Change is often times it is a little uncomfortable.
Change can bring grief. You are letting go of old ideas, actions, people, places ect. But Change for the better will heal and bridge you to a the next season.

H-Honesty
O-Open mindedness
W-Willingness to try

Change requires getting honest with yourself. Taking responsibility for YOUR goals and progress.
Don't get Stuck in Stupid. Open up your mind to New Ideas.  Have a teachable heart.
Stop with the EXCUSES. Step out of fear and TRY. Just TRY. It doesn't have to be pretty or perfect, just TRY! 


"Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way." Proverbs 19:2

I have thought and thought about how I am going to train differently for 2019. I have gone back into my old books, revisited my favorite highlighted areas and I have collaborated  with others to bounce different ideas.

3 Things I have to let go of to move into my next season.
  1. Train more on effort level and LESS on mileage. (Sweat a little more)
  2. Train on work days, even if i'm tired. 
  3. Give up feeling too good too often. 
3 Things I need to gravitate to.
  1. Zone back in on my stretching, rolling and icing.
  2. Create a Monthly miles plan, adding speed and strength and STICK TO IT. 
  3. Change up my races for 2019. 

Collision. 
You Don't know what you Don't know. 
My day did not go as I had HOPED it would have. I had to squeeze a run in due to the chaos of my day. 
The weather was less than desirable. The sky was gloomy with both rain and sleet. I actually had to get out my hat and mittens. 
As I took off from my house I just wanted a easy run. A nice shakeout. 5 miles. 
The first 3 miles never felt "Good". They didn't feel bad, but I had hoped that it would have felt better than it did.
I didn't THINK I had much in the tank. I just didn't know I could go any faster, any harder or give anymore. 
I finished todays run each mile a little faster. The last mile I decided to hold on. Its a series of hills back home. 
I was scared I couldn't do it. 
I was only running 5 miles. I knew I COULD do it.
It was a matter of accepting the pain in the process. 

My poor lungs, my poor legs, I was pathetically winded and I hurt. BUT...I DID it. 

"JUST DO IT" Nike


Anita~







No comments:

Post a Comment