"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Runners Burn Out:



It is very common after a big race to suffer from mild depression. You have trained for weeks with this epic goal and when it has passed you are left with this black hole.
Your body is beat up, your mind depending on you results can be discouraged and you are often just left burnt out.

After running Mohican a few weeks ago, a few of us really struggled to get our groove back on. When we did run our runs were labored, making us sing the blues.
We grieved our "Happy Place".

I loved what Lacey said  even weeks AFTER running Mohican,  "I am NOT A Runner right now."
It wasn't until just this week that she flipped the switch to "Ok, I think I am a runner now."

Finding Joy Again:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Phil 4:8
Good Grief:
Finding a positive note in a slumber will produce positive results. It is work and sometimes it is a pain staking task but you will see positive results.
Negative thoughts will control you.

I am a fairly positive person but that does NOT mean I do not have negative thoughts. I can only deal with myself for so long and feel guilty when I hear myself verbalizing my negativity.

Looking on the Bright Side of things: 
If you try to cast negative events in a positive light, and you see the silver lining, you can turn a bad situation into a joyful one. 

Mohican was painstakingly difficult. It was hotter than Haiti's, with elevation that made my training runs look like a walk in the park. The trail was tangled in thick roots and loose rocks destroying your feet and ankles. It was one of the hardest races I have ran. BUT...IT was AMAZING. I didn't have the finish I had hoped for but I had soo much to be thankful for.
It was the experience, I got to do something that many will NEVER be able to do. I was able to see sights that many could never dream of.
It was so good even when I had bad, but it was on how looked at it.

The Company You Keep:
Encircling yourself around optimistic people. I am not so open minded that my brains fell out. I know that I do not live in a world of unicorns and rainbows. Not everyone and every conversation is always hunky dory and Jim Dandy. We all have our moments. But it is learning to pull the plug on negativity and turning that frown upside down.
Inspire each other to a peak of positivity rather than getting stuck in a valley of negativity.


Bringing it all together," Burn out" doesn't have to be a destination more like a Drive Thu. Get in and get out quickly.


RUNDOWN:
SUNDAY:
AM RUN. w/ Lacey 7miles PM RUN. Holdridge  10 miles= 17 miles
MONDAY: Run w/ Claudia Grubers Grinder 16miles
WEDNESDAY: Track work out: 6 miles

THURSDAY: 1run, backroads w/Lacey 2nd run at Holly Rec total miles 16 miles

Total miles: 55 miles

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment