"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Taking the Me out of ME

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."
Phil 4:8

Positive thoughts. 
It is a tough world out there. And it will make you bitter or it will make you better.
I am not always a positive person. I have moments of extreme hostility.
They are often emotional temper tantrums. Its hard being Irish and Mexican! 
I know a few people that I just want to brush up on, in hopes their positive character will rub off on me. 

Today, was my first attempt at running. Even though my legs continue to feel heavy and I still feel wiped out, I tried to stay very positive. 

THE RUN WENT great! I only ran 3.1 miles with my XC kids but I felt soo GOOD. Initiially, I felt every muscle firing. Slowly my legs began to feel natural. They moved on their own without me coaxing them forward. I felt like I wanted to run more, but I knew better. Ease back into it. Recover. I will run again hopefully Sunday. 

I am not a religious person. Religion is man made. I believe in Gods word.
I am so thankful that HIS word has kept me from becoming bitter. We all have so many circumstances we can complain about. 

Remember the game on Price as Right, Plunko? I think of the above verse as that game. Only my thoughts are the disc gravitating to the bottom. And the negative thoughts never win. I sift them down asking myself  Is it True?, is it Honorable? Is it right? and down the line.
 
The thing is, If your thoughts are not in a good place, neither will your actions BE. 
"Hurting people Hurt People"
  
I have multiple self help books, books on being a better person, a more forgiving person and I have read them over and over because I am a slow learner. 
"GI -GO"
Garbage in Garbage out.
 
What are you teaching yourself? What are you learning? Are you choosing to be negative or find the negativity in things? 

No Thanks. 

Somedays it is really a chore. And some days I fail and land on my face. But most of the days I dust myself off and try again moving toward a happy place. 
I choose to circle myself around positivity and in return I try to be the same to my friends.
And it feels soo good. 

Peace. Love, kindness, it all feels so good.  
I love Reading Gods Wisdom in the bible. It helps me to move forward lovingly. It teaches me to not get offended. It leads me to be humble. To forgive and to Love People where they are at. All people, in their state not mine. It takes ME out of ME. 

Thankful for my little run today and so much more. 

Anita
 



No comments:

Post a Comment