"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 30, 2018

Goals. Back in the dirt.

Say Goodbye to pavement pounding for the rest of the summer!
Back on the Trails.

What a Glorious Day for a 18 miler on the trails.

RECOVERY from Glass City this week is what made all the difference.
I ran so minimal and so slow it was hardly any kind of a run to log.
The couple days that I ran made all the difference in getting my shoes dirty on the trails for a 3 1/2 hours today.

For Breakfast I had:
A cardboard breakfast. 

1 cup of Starbucks Verona dark roast coffee.
1 Vans Whole Wheat blueberry waffle. It took EVERYTHING to swallow it down. I probably should have put syrup on it. The puny pad of butter did it no service. It was like chewing on cardboard, nothing like Hungry Jacks buttermilk waffles!
I try to convince myself that food is more than just for pleasure. It is to sustain a healthy life...so eat your cardboard and washing it down with coffee...gag.

HOLDRIDGE: 
Quick pick on the little loop, Rachel and I. 

I ran almost 2 miles with Rachel on the North Loop. I was chasing these deer through the trails, actually they kept switching back in my direction after I would startle them. I was just glad they didn't pummel into me they were that close.

As we came back to meet the rest of the clan I was ready to shed my jacket and my long sleeve shirt. I was so happy I had put on shorts and brought a short sleeve shirt, I was sweating.

Holdridge Grubers Grinder: East Loop 16miles. 
I followed to the back of the group tagging behind. The person in the back of the pack usually speaks the less because they cant hear the conversation in the front.
Sounds travels forward not backward.
After a few miles I was glad I was in the back. We were running a good pace and I wasn't sure how my body would react throughout the run. I was hoping if I was suffering no one would remember I was back there and I could just hide my agony.
I was so excited to bask in the sun after our run. Shoes, Brooks Cascadia's 

However, other than a few tweaks here and there, my legs were strong. I knew we were running faster than normal, it all felt so good. "One mile at a time."
Switchbacks, roots, hills, tumblers, rocks and downed trees. I was seriously having so much fun.
Not a cloud in the sky. Everything just fell into place!

NOSTALIC:
I am a sap. I am very sentimental. SO much so that after running Hennipen last fall I hung my hydration vest up and NEVER touched it again. I didn't rinse it out or clean it out. I wanted it to stay that way until the season opened up again for me to jump into my next adventure.
extra batteries for my head lamp, wipes to refresh myself, chocolate waffles because chocolate makes me so happy!

My bladder in my vest had a silky film all inside it. It was so nasty that even Andy came into the kitchen to make sure I cleansed it properly. He actually took over and I was happy to let him!
It was fun to look at all my goodies in the pockets. I even have Ginger tabs from Cloudsplitter the year before.
This little trinket was still in there from last year. A very special gift from Erin.
The other side read GOALS.

This was a reminder that I accomplished a very big GOAL last week. Qualifying for Boston. I stared at it for several seconds. GOALS.
My goals came with failure and success.
BUT is Failure really Failure if you didn't Give up? Or is it a tool? A tool in your tool box to use and work harder.

Rundown: 
Distance: 17.8
Trail: Holdridge, North and East
Temps: started at 38', finished at 65'.
Nutrition: 16oz water, 1 Honeystinger chocolate waffle and gum

My next adventure: Highland Loops in May. Trail run. It closes out. This is a GREAT RACE.

Anita~



No comments:

Post a Comment