"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Up and Moving Forward. GOALS

And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
Habakkuk2:2-3

My body really struggled after Toledo. The Toledo Marathon as beautiful as it was, liked to suck me dry. The suffering didn't end after 26.2 miles.

I was wondering if my calf was ever going to forgive me.

Even though I didn't run for a week, it felt like forever. I was tortured with warm temperatures and sunny skies. I saw runners everywhere, like they were taunting me. Teasing me. All I could do was hobble around asking for prayer and try not to choke on the green eyed monster.

I had one goal that kept me grounded, that planted me into allowing my body recover.
A 16 mile group trail run that following Monday, 8 days post marathon.
I took Saturday the 20th off to run Highland Loops Trail Run. Hence, why it was critical to heal up and get an idea of what I would be in for.  

PAIN AND SUFFERING.

I mean, sure, why not? Heal up, and do it again! Sounds like a great idea!

Friday, my calf made me very aware that she had yet to forgive me.
Saturday was day two of working on my feet for 9 hours. My calf reminded me she was disappointed in my poor shoe decisions. Running shoes are not in my dress code.
Sunday I poked my calf, rubbed my calf and still she sang sweet nothings to me. She wasn't ROARING at least,  it was more of a whisper.

It was a gamble I was going to take. I didn't want them to have all the fun without me!

Monday, Highland Rec.

I got a little turned around locating the parking lot for the trail head. But nothing that didn't take me by surprise. Typical Anita.
One by one everyone showed up. Matt, Claudia, Kris and Rachel.

We were all smiles. Mine was hiding concern but I decided to go for it.
It wasn't long before the grey skies opened up with a soft but flowing rain. The rain took turns with bouts of humidity for a couple hours leaving us all sticky and hot. The sun finally overtook the sky, warming us up and making us tap into our water sources more intentionally.
The trail was stunning. You literally ran through a valley. I was surrounded by trees entangled with vines and draping foliage. The ground covering was ankle deep, vibrant shades of green with vegetation that was unfamiliar to me. It was as if I was running in a fairy tale. Breathtaking. I tripped multiple times trying to see everything and run at the same time.
Between the rain, the humidity and the sun blazing at the end, I was so stinking geeked! The weather alone made me want to play on the trails more.
I made it. All 17 miles. Somehow I thought we were running 16 miles...Typical Anita!
Can you see Kris down there??

So we are on to full TILT into training for Hennipen 100.
Time to up my miles.
Up my Core.
Up my Legs.
Up my calories.
Up my prayers!

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
Henry Ford


Anita~








No comments:

Post a Comment