"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 29, 2017

3 Runs, 3 Parks.

    "Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy "
Psalms 96:11-12 


Thursday: Holly Rec.
I can barely remember yesterday but I do remember running with Kris and Rachel out at Holly Rec.
Poor lil guy....

I remember thinking "I hardly recognize this trail." Mind you I can get lost in my backyard, however, I thought I should know the trail so much better than I did. The trail was so green and thick with vegetation. Did you know that green is my favorite color? It was so pretty.
I remember going off the trail to discover this cool little fort. I hiked a little farther and discovered a very significant drop off. Just below rested a swamp I had no clue was tucked away from the trail.

The trail was soggy from the rain. As we headed back in from our 2nd loop, I witnessed Kris jump a mile high. A very very large frog planted his chubby butt in the middle of the trail.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 11 miles

Sunday: Holdridge.

A last minute invite to run with Matt and Paula. It ended up just Matt and I.
The day was beautiful. Originally, we were supposed to get storms. But instead we got blue skies and warm weather. My favorite.
My running partners have gotten used to me seeing my "friends" just about every where we go. Everyone is my friend! Even if I just meet you once, you are now MY FRIEND! We no sooner got out of our vehicles when I heard a familiar voice "HI Anita!". It was a guy on a bike.  Because forgetfulness is a standing quality of mine, I forgot "HIS" name. As politely and with as little awkwardness as possible I asked his name. I knew where he lived, who his beautiful wife was, I had have been praying for his wife, Reagan and even saw her last week.  I knew what he did for a living but I couldn't remember his name! Typical Anita. KEN!!! YES, KEN and Reagan. Duh.
We chatted with him for a while. I was about to ask if he wanted to run with us. I would have loved to catch up.
But its a good thing I didn't. Matt was "Chatty Kathy" on the trails. Matt would have had some competition. The temps warmed up making Matt a little fatigued. I liked this!
He and Paula did a 30 mile bike ride the day before. I was getting his leftovers. This is good for me because he is a Seabisquit when he's running fresh legs. I let him carry the conversation sandbagging my energy.
The trail was tight in several spots with pickery flesh eating vines trying to tear my already ugly legs apart. I jumped, dodged and ran through them but not without scrapes, scratches and blood loss. If the needles like vines didn't attack you the mosquitos were out with a vengeance. We always stop at the 9 mile marking to drink, eat and pee...I don't pee. The 5 minute break left me nervous I was going to get West Nile I had gotten bitten so much.
And AGAIN..this time it wasn't just me. Even Matt got turned around. There was a trail I wasn't familiar  with. Both stumped we took it and discovered it was not OUR trail.
Holdridge was so pretty I had to quit looking around, I tripped and landed on all fours TWICE!
To think "ANITA" actually means Grace.
We saw a lot of bikers out there. It is great to see so many people taking advantage of the trails.

RUNDOWN:
Distance : 16 miles.

Today: Memorial Day: Orion Oaks

Another last minute RUN. Lacey and I went out to Orion and ran on Matt and Paula's stomping grounds.
The park is a hidden Gem. We jumped on the Polly Ann trail and took it to, I think, Clarkston Road to Baldwin road. We  picked it the trail at the Bark Park.
The trail is wide, lightly dusted in areas with gravel but otherwise grass and packed ground. We took several turns, I was beyond lost and confused. We went over a bridge that cut through a swamp, this area we all stopped and I took a few pics. I must have been really excited because they turned out all blurry. It was so lovely. Buggy but worth the bites.
Lacey had it in her head we were running 10 miles. When her Garmin went off at 11miles she looked at Matt and said "Ahh, I have 11 miles....."
Matt responded "Really, I have 7 something.."
I was running a step behind giggling because I knew this game..I have been victim to "Matts Mileage".
Great run, I cant wait to run out there by myself and soak it in a little more. If you haven't heard from me send a search party. I can totally see myself lost, a lot. I will make "It sure is pretty though" my anthem!

RUNDOWN"
Distance: 12miles

   Isaiah 55:12
“For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands." 

I am pretty sure I need to play in some new trails with summer, soo fun, adventuring. Any Suggestions?



Summer Critters:
Took this fun shot of this frog on my deck. He was totally an exhibitionist!
Anita..

No comments:

Post a Comment