"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Goody 4 Shoes! And 5 Favorite Foods


A family that Runs together....


Today was such a good day. It had some tough moments scattered throughout but it was overall a great day.
I snuck outside for an easy 5 miler that turned into 6. I am still trying to shake out my legs.  My legs are still sore and my Achilles is a bit tender. I try very hard to listen to my body. But I am not always good at doing what it tells me to do. But I did take it easy out there.
And to be overcautious  as soon as I arrived back home from running I quickly grabbed my pre-made duffel bag and headed to the gym for a date with the cold plunge. I managed to endure the plunge for 15 minutes. The first 2 minutes is the most agonizing pain I have ever put myself through. I can always hear myself saying "Seriously, This is colder than normal." Even though I know it isn't, it just makes me want to kick and scream. Imagine getting a Charlie Horse for 2 minutes...that is the intensity of the first 2 minutes of the cold plunge to me.

I came home to my oldest son cleaning up the kitchen after he had made scrambled eggs and toast. I was impressed the kitchen wasn't on fire let alone he was cleaning his egg pan!

He was just so excited though because I was taking him to get his new shoes and shorts for CC. Cross Country just started this week for the high school. This worked out great with Austin just coming out of CC from the academy right into the High school.
I just love that he is loving running. He loves his coach and is really encouraged and motivated by him. Today after we bought his shoes Austin says to me "Mom, only 6 more hours." He counted all day the hours until practice this evening!
His coach has given Austin encouraging goals both physically and academically. He is already making his relationship with Austin personal. This is what speaks volumes to my son. Almost all his teachers would say "Once you take the time to get to know Austin he is really a great kid, kind, funny, deep, and compassionate but for those who do not they will struggle with him." And that is really true.  He had a few that struggled with him but that is life...We are not going to win em' all!

We had a great day. I took Alec with me to go visit Ariel. He had not seen her headstone yet and we were meeting Ariels step-mom there to see it for the first time as well.
I did better today visiting her than I normally do. I guess I just know she is not there. Who knows?  I could feel totally differently about it tomorrow. I miss her. It stinks. Life is full of pain. But God is Good...all the time.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 6.01
Pace:8:54
Time: 54

So it was fun going into the running store. It is fun when they know you by name because you frequent it so often. I loved Alec saying "Mom, I love the smell of the running store." And I Love seeing passion and excitement in Austins face to get out there an run Stronger, Faster and Better.

A person can succeed at almost anything for which they have unlimited enthusiasm.”Charles Schwab

5 Favorites Foods:
  1. Angies Popcorn ( Boom Chicka Pop, Sweet and Spicy)
  2. Noosa Yoghurt..Thanks "Michelle" for introducing me!
  3. Juice Plus Complete Whole food drink mix. GREAT recovery drink without all the supplements.
  4. Uncle Gregs fresh farm eggs!
  5. Justins Nut Butter


Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment