"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Hurt Locker.

I am on 3 weeks straight going to the gym at 5AM on Tuesdays. I normally keep work days as rest days. "Lisa" another parent at the school the boys attend goes to the gym at this ridiculous time throughout the week. I think her and her husband are CRAZY. But then I started thinking "I wonder how CRAZY they really are." 

I Kinda Like CRAZY! Now I am not disciplined to go by myself, so having this CRAZY couple works out well.
Problem is I have been cross training with "LISA". I run a mile just to keep the blood flowing but I am working on core and miscellaneous other exercises with her. The first week my abs hurt so bad that it hurt to breath. I actually got a light chest cold and was hugging myself to keep my abs from wretching forward.  It took 4 days to recover.
Then this week I have no idea what I did but all I can tell you is I am in the hurt locker STILL. It is my legs. They hurt to just sit. The thought of even going to the ladies room scares me. I have stretched, rolled, Motrin-ed, rested, and even prayed and my legs and bootie are still screaming. They hate me.

This week I cut way back on my miles and my speed. I have a race this Sunday. Because I am still in the "Hurt Locker" I need to bring it down a few notches. I am praying for my body to mend and heal.

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
Yesterday I took 2 hours and went raspberry picken. I was in my own head for 2 hours. No interruptions for over an hour and a half. The sun beating down on me, quiet, still and the grass damp from the evening dew. Peaceful. I challenge you to take time to be alone in your own head. For me I was scared enough to be alone with myself, my mind is a scary place I never usually enter alone. But it was very therapeutic. I guess if you struggle being by yourself with no interruptions then maybe it is scary for others to be with you to! I actually enjoy being alone, But I struggle searching through my thoughts. I have such a hard time focusing. I find my quiet time very purging. I seek God to help me focus and compartmentalize my thoughts, goals, expectations, and all the stuff that gets tangled up there. Since raspberry picking is Seasonal I guess we will keep running there is a whole lot more loose wires and knots to unravel up there!
Made Jam today!

THE RUNDOWN:
TIME: 54:09
DISTANCE: 7:01
PACE: 7:44
DESCRIPTION: Ran hills, kept it clean wanting to stay under 8 minute miles. My legs were still hurting for certain from Tuesday..GRR..!

I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO MY RUNNING PARTNER  "HEIDI" WHO IS RUNNING HER FIRST MARATHON THIS SUNDAY!!!!! So Proud of HER!! Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment