"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, October 14, 2011

Bib #16303

Hanna and Loni running Group

I am taking a deep breath as I begin to write this post. As I type I can actually feel my anxiety heighten. It starts in my chest first them my ears start to ring and if I am careful I can bring myself back down. When I am unable to breathe, relax, and pray, my anxiousness turns into waterworks. So Stupid. I would not describe myself as a crybaby. I think I am pretty tough most of the time yet I am not strong enough to get control of my fears as they siphon the tears out of me.
ANXIETY: All part of running a race. Often even part of training. For me is executes itself in minor panic attacks or tears but I still count myself lucky. For many it is  an Immodium Anxiety! It is quite normal to have nervous belly so bad you are chasing the Port a Johns like they are a water station. It is not even uncommon for runners to do the Do Do in their draws! I have witnessed this first hand and the poor girl had NO idea as she was being interviewed she was leaking... Yeah..bad visual I know!
 "..casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."1 Pet 5:7
This is where the rubber meets the road. There is no more longs run or speedwork left. If you have not invested into your training this is where it is going to show.
Running "The Free press" in 2 days is as tense to me as running Chicago last year trying to qualify for Boston.  I have trained so hard I have wanted to puke. Sore muscles, over 40 mile weeks, legs cramps, rolling and so on and so forth. It is like any investment. You put more than time, money or even your physical well being into it, YOU BUT YOUR HEART IN IT. There is an emotional investment.
Run and bike. Indian Springs Fall Beauty

The goal is so embedded in you, it becomes like a relationship. You work on it all the time, you think about it, you try to build it, and you even struggle with it. These are Goals in our life. Whether it is running or anything else you are working at. How important is the Goal to YOU? Your goals should be like a friendship.  
You are only going to get out of it what you put in to it!
Katie, Loni and Hanna

THE RUNDOWN:
Sunday:Big House Big Heart Race. 6 Miles 7.03 pace.
Monday:4 miles, 8 miles bike
Tuesday: 1 mile run, gym work out
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday:5miles -SPORTS MASSAGE
Friday:oFF
Saturday:oFF
Sunday: RACE!!!
***
THE BREAKDOWN:


For the  Detroit Free Press Race Sunday I will have to run 13 miles at a 7:23 pace. This is the qualifying time For ING New York City Marathon.
You won't see this sitting on the couch eating Bon Bons!
In June I was 6 seconds from a Pr at the Dexter Ann Arbor run. I ran that race at a 7:47 minute mile. I am going to have to shave 3 minutes off my time. This is where the stomach starts to hurt and the ringing in my ears begin.
Thank you for the Prayers:
Family Andy&Mom,
Maria V
Tiffany C
Katie L
I can not tell you how much I appreciate those who know my heart and have Faith in me. Thank you for cheering me on and encouraging me. You are truly a blessing to me and a vital part of my training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment