"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 18, 2021

Trying.. and Tiramisu

"Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible." William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

These gray days are duplicating one another bringing a accumulative shadow over many of us. 

We have to really be intentional with our thoughts. We have to separate from what we are NOT from what we are. If we don't get the reigns on our thoughts we are going to get lost in these deep gray days. 

Yes, the days are getting longer but its not coming fast enough. 
Blahhh...
Michigan in January, blahhhh.. 

Accountability. 


Last Thursday, Andy and I ran with CRU. I have been doing double runs on Thursdays. The group is made mostly of guys. I tease them all the time telling them that they scared all the girls off because they of their tights! Men in tights, NOOO!! 
I was the only girl to show up with Andy. They run fast, much faster than I can keep up with, its probably those tights! I ran with them before I had cancer. Then I ran with them during cancer but it took everything to not get lost in Flint as I struggled to keep up in my broken body. Then last January, I tore my meniscus. I was just building my strength up from cancer and it all went down the tubes. 
That was a year ago this week and to add injury to insult as I started to recover, PF plagued me and my summer, extending my recovery to the fall. 
But last Thursday, we took off from Complete Runner at a steady pace. I hung back trying to talk when spoken to and keep up. 
I felt the pace slowly picking up. It is a 5 mile route and at mile 3 I was determined to stay with the guys. I couldn't talk, my eyes were focused in front of me and I had lost Andy. I wanted to feel strong, I wanted to feel recovery, I wanted to know what I could do, I wanted to TRY. Antonio kept trying to talk to me, "SHUT UP, I Can't TALK!!" I barked at him as he bantered with me. The crisp air was so refreshing as I stayed on the toes of Ryan, Ryan and Antonio. 
With every heart beat, skin and bones, fighting against failure I fought harder. I DID IT. I stayed with the guys. I couldn't talk for a few minutes but I did it. I wanted to puke, but I DID IT!


No Excuses
These gray dreary days we have to TRY. Every day we just have to try a little bit. I was so inspire by a friend of mine, Terri Williams. She was out in the cold weather walking today. She was TRYING. She posted a picture and I was so excited for her. 
Its about baby steps. just a little here and a little there, it adds up.
But you know what else adds up....EXCUSES. 

I have had 2 years of opportunistic excuses. 
Don't get in the habit of making excuses. 

Today, my body was so tired. Everything hurt. But I laced up, I grabbed my new Kahtoola nano spikes and headed to Holly Rec for a couple snowy loops. I could hardly get one foot in front of the other. But I had planned to meet my running partner and keep doing the hard things. It was not easy, but no excuses I did it! 

It all made sense. 
This afternoon I sat down to add last weeks miles. 
Weekly Miles: 67
MON. 20m
TUES. OFF RECOVERY.
WEDNES. 5m
THURS. 16.04m
FRI. OFF RECOVERY
SAT. 6.04m
SUN. 20.04m

Well, that explains why I feel like I have been ran over by a mack truck. Tomorrow, NO RUN! 
"Instead of overtraining, cut back a bit on the running and do the things to stay healthy: stretching, hydrating, eating well, etc." Mark Coogan 1996 Olympic marathoner

I just keep coaching myself. I keep telling myself all things positive. I try to encourage others and find it encouraging me. Positive Self Talk. 

Here's your Take Away:
  1. Accountability
  2. Encourage others
  3. No Excuses
  4. Positive self talk
  5. Spandex, if all else fails, wear more tights! 
    Doug and Antonio, very aerodynamic in their tights! Speed Racers.  

Anita!

YOU HAVE GOTTA TRY THIS RECIPE! Alecs girlfriend and I made this Tiramisu and it was  amazing. She did most of work, I just assisted. It tasted just like Olive Garden, which is my favorite. 

 Joanna Gaines's Tiramisu Recipe and Photos | POPSUGAR Food

No comments:

Post a Comment