"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 25, 2021

A Head Game

 "Every deed, whether good or evil, was conceived in the thought process of the mind." Lindsay Terry

My shake out with Danielle at Indian Springs. Glorious. 

I still get rattled. Nervous of long runs. I still get this gurgling feeling in my belly as the days count down on long runs. My head space is a mess. 
Trail runs don't do that to me. The difference for me:

Trail runs: your pace changes and your elevation changes. You can walk the hills, grab a drink, a bite to eat and enjoy the scenery. Nature is the best backdrop keeping my views constantly changing. And it is just so fun running, exploring and adventuring in the woods. 

Road runs: training for a road marathon is all together a different beast.  It's pavement pounding, pace setting, its looking at your pace, your time and your course. And training in the winter you are hyper focused on the weather. Running for 3 hours in 17 degrees with a head wind and snow is a total head game. 


My Marathon is 3 weeks away. A real MARATHON! With real people and real bibs! 
My Training: I usually run 2- 20 milers and 1-22 miler. I really had to condense my training to do this. In order to prevent injury and ramp my miles up I ran with walk breaks and kept my pace down. The 22 miler is just a confidence builder, I usually bring that training run way down. 
Sunday I wanted to throw up before I even started. Most people think Anita just goes out there and runs like no big deal. FAKE NEWS. It was 18 degrees out and I was a mess. I have had the same training partner for years and this time I didn't have her. I couldn't get out of my head. I took off solo down E. Holly road all the way the Genysis. Its 8 miles, then Andy and Chris were meeting me for the 14 through the back roads. My first 8 miles I ran watching my heart rate and not my pace. My 14 miles with the boys was a struggle. The snow blasted us the first half, leaving the backroads a mess. "Anita, you are awfully quiet..."Andy said.  I know its hard to imagine, me quiet but it was true. I didn't have the energy to hardly think let alone talk. Every 6 minutes Andy's watch beeped for a walk break and every time I struggled to get moving again. When my watch hit 22 miles I was even too tired to celebrate! 
  • Jan.4th-15m @9:28min/mi
  • Jan.11th-20m @9:33min/mi
  • Jan.17th- 20m @9:22min/mi
  • Jan. 24th 22m @ 9:38min/mi
I HAVE A PRIZE FOR YOU! 
I have been averaging 50-60 mile weeks for 3 weeks. My peak week is done, time to start the taper. 
I have done NO speedwork. I am concerned I will just loose limbs all over. I need to get stronger and more confident to go race around the track.  I do a brick work out every week, biking 20 miles and run 5 and try to build strength. Protein shakes for recovery and Kombuchas for immunity. 
MY GOAL: I usually have 3 goals, not this time. One GOAL, to finish sub 4 hour marathon. 
Based on a pace calculator I would have to run a half marathon in 1:59:33 to achieve this. 
Dec. 13th I ran a training run in 2:03:15. 
YIKES, that's about 3 minutes I have to shave.
I REALLY REALLY want this. I can feel myself getting stronger and even faster. 
NOW.....THROW OUT your PREDICTIONS. Closest to my finish time gets a PRIZE from FLORIDA! 

INSPIRATION CORNER:

What keeps me going when I want to QUIT. 
Sunday, I thought about "Michelle" that I work with. She was my INSPIRATION. She knew I was nervous and sent me some encouragement. Michelle is a strong women. Strong women still struggle. I have heard her struggles, Michelle has heard mine. When I was diagnosed with cancer She had the courage to be the first one to cut my hair for me. When we went to Tahoe I convinced Michelle to hike Heavenly, a hike Michelle had never done before. She never gave up  and conquered not just the hill but a part of her she didn't know she had. 
Strong women lift each others up. Live to Inspire. 


Beginners corner:
"Every deed, whether good or evil, was conceived in the thought process of the mind." Lindsay Terry

For those who want to start running every blog I will add a little tidbit. Don't be shy, if you have any questions, concerns, fears let me know, I will try to help. 
We are going into February. Now is a great time to get moving. Start slow
10.000 step challenge. Start there. I started one with the girls I work with and I am soo encouraged. I have failed a couple times but I just try again the next day. It starts with ROUTINE. Take the rest of January to start a habit. 7 times makes a HABIT. Start small, keep it simple. 

I only had 4000 steps after work last Friday. Exhausted, I grabbed my Comfy my girlfriend Lisa bought me and headed into the cold for a couple mile walk against the darkness. I got my 10,000 steps!

ANITA



3 comments:

  1. You've got this ❤ I believe in you and I know you believe in yourself. I will predict 3:54:25 😉😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU WON!!! great news! can you send me your address?? ASAP.if you could text me that would be great, I want to send it out to you today from Florida! 248-892-0700. Thank you for playing, I also need your name, it came up "Unknown"

      Delete
  2. Gods got it and he has you. You can do it. I say 3:45:15

    ReplyDelete