"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Wake Up Call

There is just a lot going on in every corner. 
Protesting.
Rioting.
Covid
Quarantine.
Politics

Everyone has an opinion. We are all suffering some sort of grief. 
We have all encountered a degree of LOSS. 
A Routine.
Patience.
Finances.
Health.
Security.
Relationships.
Peace.
Employment.

Grief often comes with pain, 

The problem with pain as of late is that many are dealing with it incorrectly. 
"Hurting people hurt people." 

I love what Pamela Anderson said in In Style magazine last month "I think [this period of time] is a wake-up call about our relationships and how fragile we all are. It has brought some people closer. Human connection is a lost art. Let’s hope this is a way to relearn how to be together. Or even be apart in a healthy way. Nothing will ever be the same."
So well said.

 I try not to listen to the news too much or too long. 
My head almost spun off its axis last night when our Governor overturned gyms opening. I was counting the days down to get back to the gym. 
My grief. My pain.

 Physical therapy is going well, speaking of pain! PT is the best routine I have and the closest thing to a work out I get.
I enjoyed kayaking yesterday and even snuck in a little 5K run with Andy at Sorenson Park. I had to beg him, he was so tired but ran for me on tired legs. 

Collision:
A "wake up call" for many things this season. During quarantine, I have learned a lot about myself, others and relationships. 
I have learned I can not change how people act or  react to me or life. 
Time is valuable and I am grateful for the opportunities to love on people and more grateful to those that have chose to love on me. 
Today I went back over to Andys maw maw to cut her hair. 
We have been in this big debate for weeks, she wouldn't let me cut her hair because I wouldn't take any money. I tried to explain to her that I have the gift to do it and I want to bless her but she wouldn't let me. 
Today, I finally took her 20$ because she really did need a hair cut and it made her happy. 
It wasnt about me, It was about her. I had to quit being stubborn and let her pay me because it made her happy. "Anita, you don't take no money, no money for cleaning or buying my coffee, now your gonna take my money or you not gonna cut it...."
I bantered with her a lil bit more but took her money with a smile, because I just love being with her. The time I have gotten with her the last few years is priceless. 

Read it again. 
"I think [this period of time] is a wake-up call about our relationships and how fragile we all are. It has brought some people closer. Human connection is a lost art. Let’s hope this is a way to relearn how to be together. Or even be apart in a healthy way. Nothing will ever be the same."

And in closing I love what my dear friend Holly Parry quoted to me this week, "Don't make people a priority who make you an option." 

Anita~


1 comment: