"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Carry Someone

"Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ." Gal. 6:2

I was reminded of the story of the men in the bible that took their friend to Jesus. They so badly wanted him to be healed they didn't let any obstacle stop them, cutting the roof out and lowering their dear friend to Jesus.

They went above and beyond the call of friendship for the love of their friend.
I picture them telling their work they had to leave early, or let their families know they would not be home for dinner. Maybe they canceled a vacation, missed a lunch date or skipped a work out to get their friend to meet Jesus.
And they didn't just take him, they CARRIED him, they cut the roof out and brought him down. They went out of their way.

This was so convicting. "Anita, have you been this friend?"
Have I gone out of my way for my friends? Have I  overcome obstacles for my friends? Have I changed my plans to help a friend.

I have told you, I have learned a lot in the last 9 months. I cannot say for certain that I have been this friend. But I can say for certain that I will be. 

OBSTACLES.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
Charles Dickens
Oh, the things cancer can limit you with.
Cancer can rob you of so much but it never stole my dreams, my heart or my faith.
When I was first diagnosed I cried so hard thinking of all the dreams I had that were going to be crushed, stole from me.
All I heard was chemo, and sickness, radiation, and surgeries, so many obstacles for someone with dreams and goals.
This damn cancer would grasp me so tightly that I didn't even know what I was capable of doing.
SO many obstacles. SO many fears, a very real obstacle.
Our emotions can be our biggest obstacle.
I needed  some help. No matter how BIG and BAD I think I am.. I needed help.
"Anita is going to run with or without us, I am going to run with her and let her lead....."
And that is exactly what Lacey did. That is what my running partners did.
They carried my burdens, they picked me up when I couldn't and helped me across so many obstacles.

The last 6 weeks have not consisted of much running. I would love to run but we all have these "Be Still" moments. And this is where I am.
"Carrying" one another isn't always a physical feature.  I shared this devotion with a dear friend today. I shared my heartfelt words with Debbie and soon we were both welling up with tears. She wasn't lacing up her shoes to run with me or even walk with me but she was lacing up her shoes, opening up her morning and lifting my spirits up, encouraging me with friendship.

Over the last 6 weeks, I have been carried and lifted emotionally.

CARRY
The demons we all battle are haunting. The loneliness, the insecurity, the fears, the sadness, depression, the voices are real to many of us. These are obstacles that hold us hostage.
I want to encourage you during this very busy time to "Carry" someone's burdens. To be that faithful friend, to love on someone you know is struggling.
Carry that friend to Jesus, it is a beautiful trip traveled best with others. Come along that friend that has dreams and help them conquer obstacles.
Have coffee with them, take them to lunch, go for a walk with them, you are not that busy to be a blessing to someone.

"Offering to 'Carry' doesn't always mean physical burden bearing---it may mean investing in a persons project, providing transportation, or mentoring in an area of your expertise...."

A very special thank you to those who have carried me the last 6 weeks. Thank you for sacrificing your time at such a very busy time of year to love on me.

Anita~


Dr. Pam Johnson, My G.O.A.T (GREATEST OF ALL TIME) 
She is my Breast Surgeon and she is a super hero to me that is why I had this cape made for her. She is the BEST! 
"Strong Women Lift Other Women UP." 

No comments:

Post a Comment