"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday Drudgery

I am not posting this on social media. Most will not read this or never even know it exists. I guess you can say it is for me.
I post to remind me what hell this cancer comes with.
I have a half a day on the Friday after chemo as well as a half a day on Saturday.
I'm sick. A bit miserable. But blessed.

I wake up with a text every morning from andys mom, "Good morning".
My head is pounding and I stumble to the bathroom.
4 Juice Plus
2 Tylenol
1 Clariton
2 Omega
I try to swallow it down but my throat feels like it is closed.

It is enough meds to get me through 5.5 hours of work, 3 clients.
I try so hard to listen to my clients, I give them the best me but it takes everything, slowly draining me.
I feel myself slowly going down.

I count the hours....

1:30....I am on schedule and begin to clean up and go.

Quick stop to the bank, drive through of course.

I cant get to my couch fast enough.

Its just part of this whole cancer thing. Sick, nauseas. tired, thick, yucky, sweaty, clammy, yeah...
just get to the couch.

Then I see this little blonde  at my door,  Lacey. she came with soup, cookies and fruit.
I tried to smile. chat a bit, I actually felt a little better as she read an article to me about Kara Goucher. I love being read to.
Lacey stayed for a bit and I slumped back into the couch.

The back door opened and Deb, Andys sister came in with hand and arms full. Taco salad, dessrt, and soup.
SO blessed.
It is hard to feel sick when you feel so much love.

anita



4 comments:

  1. It's the little things that can bring a ray of sunlight into an otherwise gray day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true matt. And it is those things that I have to take notice to.

      Delete
  2. Some days you need sunlight, some days you ARE the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that is so sweet, I like that. I am totally smiling right now~

      Delete