"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 14, 2019

More isnt always Better.

I miss the TRAILS. I miss the adventure, the woods, the unexpected and the awesomeness of being hidden from the pollution of modern life. 

Sunday March 17th: Excalibur 10 miler. 

Melbourne FLORIDA! 
A family affair. I am getting out of here for a few days. Austin and I are heading out to visit my family. I miss them soo much. They love me enough to drive over an hour away to do a race with me! That is LOVE. And they are all dressing up! 
I am soo excited. I am smiling just thinking about it. This race cost me 35$ for Austin to WALK 2 miles with his AUNT!  But I really wanted us all to do it together.
Lacey made my outfit. You will have to wait to see it...It is soo darn CUTE. 

As soon as I get back...
  
SUNDAY March 24th: Probility Ann Arbor Marathon
Without sharing too much detail, I have no idea what to expect for my marathon. 
I have been having some health issues that I have kept on the down low. 
It explains a lot. I think. 
The last few months I have been to the Dr.s more than I want and unfortunately I have more appointments waiting for me when I get back. 
I don't get too rattled, you can't worry about things you have no control over. Therefore, when it comes to my marathon, I am going to do like I do with "most" of my races, TRY my BEST, look better than I will be feeling and SMILE! 
(I don't get rattled about my health because I know that I have taken the best care of this old body. God gave me this body to honor and manage, I have no regrets in the way that I have taken care of it...If something happens to me...God is on FULL CONTROL.) 
"Do you not know that you are God's temple and that Gods Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys Gods Temple God will destroy him. For Gods Temple is holy, and you are that temple." 1Cor. 3:16-17
"I always try to keep in mind its better to be undertrained and healthy rather than incredibly fit and injured." Asheton Eaton Two time Olympic Gold Medalist and World Record Holder

MORE ISNT ALWAYS BETTER
TRUST in your training. If you are anything like me, if your training plan says to run 20 miles, 22 must be better. 
Last week, I was 4 miles short on my training plan. 4 MILES. I went into a tail spin. I tried to figure out how I could squeeze in 4 more miles. 
In between working, Parenting, Wife-ing, Church, Ministries (Youth and Addiction) cleaning my grandmas house and managing my own house....THERE just wasn't time. 
I still calculated over 50 miles last week. 
LET it GO ANITA. 
I did a track work out that only accumulated 6 miles,
But MORE ISNT BETTER...
(Big hair don't care)
Monday, I had a day from the bad place. I crawled back into bed. My body had been abused and retaliated against me. I fought so hard to stay up and run after I had everyone taken care of and out of the house but I was sick I was so depleted. 
Depression set in. "I should be able to GOO, get things done...." 
I was so mad at myself, at my body, at my head space.  Feeling guilty, lazy, useless I crawled back under the fuzzy blanket in secret. 
When I woke, 2 hours later, My feet hit the ground and I had enough mental stamina to dig in and fight for life again. Monday wasn't going to come easy. I was going to have to work hard for everything I did. 
As I went out for my run, the run that was supposed to be 12-14 miles, I consulted with myself and decided 11 was sufficient. 
MORE ISNT BETTER.  My body isn't responding well to more miles. For that matter, my body isn't responding well all together. 
I am NOT going to beat myself up over a few miles, I am going to do the best I can. 
WHY do we beat ourselves up when our cape has holes in it? 
No Shame. I am woman...I don't always ROAR, sometimes I whimper. 
Transparency here. I have no bragging rights on being anything other than incredibly ordinary. 
I have a flaw in my code as Halsey says. I am working with it. 
Giving myself Grace.
Not Getting stuck on Stupid.
More isn't always better.
Getting out of my own head. 


RUNDOWN:
Distance: 15 miles
Where: Holly Rec. Wilderness loop X2 and Lakeloop. 
KAHTOOLAS! We ran with confidence in our spikes. It was nice to be back on the trails after a few weeks. I was back in my element. The temperatures were a reminder Spring is right around the corner. The ice was melting, it was like I was running in a little waterfall, as the water melted it rippled down the trail. It was flowing more graceful than I was running. It made my heart so happy.  

SQUIRREL! After running the wilderness loop we came back to our cars for water and nutrition. When I opened my car door this lil guy was racing through my truck like a crazy varmint. I had the doors all open and assumed he got out. We went back out to the trail and came back, finishing up. To be safe I opened all my doors and that lil guy never came out. Not a peep....Until I was DRIVING and almost out of the park and heard a little chatter in the passenger door. 
OUT HE CAME. I am not sure who was more alarmed! I slammed the car into park without looking for other cars. I JUMPED out screaming. That poor lil guy just ran ALL over my truck but wouldn't run OUT! 
No, I do not have a pet squirrel..he eventually scooted out, after we both peed our pants! 
Never a DULL moment.

ANITA


No comments:

Post a Comment