"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Grubers Grinder, Ice Ice Baby

Next Race: Snow Moon Run 25K 
February Saturday, 16th Nite Run. 
Sold Out
2018 Race Results : 2h:33min
Averaging 30 minutes a loop. (3mile loop)

All my races are planned as stepping stones to my BIG ONE: Kettle Moraine 100K in WISCONSIN!

My long run for marathon training is 16miles this weekend.
My long run for ultra training is in the same place.

School was closed again today. I hated that I had a long run and Alec was going to be home.
There is one thing that you can not cheat, and that is your long run.

I had no option, I had to run 16 miles on the trails.
Kris had to run distance today as well.

OHH DID IT HURT.
OHH was it a quiet RUN.

16 miles of RUTTS, deep crevices frozen in the snow where the bikers had divided the trail with a vengeance.
The warmer tempertures froze the ruts, the animals added insult to injury with little potholes scattered in the trail making the path even more evil.
Between slipping, twisting, climbing, sliding we were using all our energy just trying to stay upright.

"'Kris, I feel like my brain should be stronger having to think so hard.."

If I didn't break my ankle, slip on my toosh, get slapped in the face by multiple low branches,  my pea brain was about to EXPLODE concentrating on where to land my feet.
Kris wore her nano spikes, I was too brave (a ridiculous word for DUMB) and just wore my Cascadia's without traction.
Kris no doubt had more traction than I did. But I was more concerned with 16 miles of running with that aggressive running gear on my feet.
I was trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

Grubers Grinder typically takes about 3hours to run. That's just one foot in front of the other, no hurry, just getting her done.
ICE Rink. 

3h28minutes moving time. The last few miles we were just getting to the next half mile marker.
I felt great, other than my ITband beginning to tighten up and my ankles being totally abused I felt really good.
We were intentional about drinking and eating:
MILE 6: Espresso Love Gu and one Babybel cheese ball.
Miles 11: One fruit chew..frozen and nasty.
My Favorite! Tastes like coffee, 

The run was quiet other than the crunching of the snow beneath our feet. But the finish was full of smiles and gratitude.

When everything hurt, we continued to run.
When we couldn't feel our fingers, we continued to run.
When we got whopped in the eyes and face with branches, we continued to run.
When we gutted up another stinking hill with our feet sleeping behind us, we continued to run.

It was a tough run. BUT I am soooo stoked we didn't quit.



Every week I have been making a new goal.
A Weekly Goal. 

I am loving it. My weekly goal keeps me in the moment. It allows me from getting to anxious. It also keeps me from getting burn out.
This week my GOAL was to increase my miles but maintain my pace.


  • “The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.”
  • “Don’t try to be perfect. Just try to be better than you were yesterday.”
  • “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela

ANITA~




No comments:

Post a Comment