"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2018 Race Recap.

”And now we welcome the New Year. Full of things that have never been.”- Rainer Maria Rilke




It takes a lot of time to go back in time to look up my races. But it always brings me great Joy to see my accomplishments, to reminisce, to collect the faces, places and races that shaped my year. 
2018, I learned a fair amount about myself. Sometimes you learn the most when you idle. 
I never ran too far out of my comfort zone, I worked hard at steadiness. I was very blessed that I went another year injury free. Not to say that I didn't have minor annoyances, this is part of running. I learned that taking a breather is great but I want to burn. I want the struggle, the fight, the soreness, the goals that scare you. I want to see what I can still do if I train just a little more intentional. 
I was blessed to have such amazing friends to run with. My tribe is very supportive and encouraging. Many times we found ourselves praying for each other on the trail. We trained together, we raced together, we cheered each other on running hours and hours together. 
I drive people nuts over lunch, my tribe ran with me for hours at a time.  

2018 Races
February 3rd- Snow Moon Trail 2:33:10
April 21- Glass City Marathon 3:50:20
May 19- Highland Loops Trail 17miles 3:00:50
June 26- Mohican Trail Run 50m 12:43:06
Aug 8- Great Pizza Challenge 5k 25:30
Aug 24 The Crim 10mile 1:23:18
Sept 7- Run Woodstock 100k 15:14:18
Oct 20- Detroit Free Press Marathon 3:58:19
Nov 11- Clarkston Backroads 1/2  2:08:43
Nov 23- Howell Fantasy 5K 25:39
Dec 31- New Years Resolution 5.69m (supposed to be a 8k!)  45:24
My goal every year is to try to run a race a month.

My Best run, time wise was Run Woodstock. I ran my own race, pushed myself and hobbled across the finish line without any regrets.

Age Group Award!

My biggest Accomplishment was Glass City, where I qualified for Boston. It still wasn't good enough but it was so awesome to have Rachel and Kris come to Ohio and cheer me on every few miles. It was so amazing!
Kris and Rachel, Heaven Sent.

Team Harless! 

My most EPIC Race, MOHICAN Trail. This race was probably my favorite race of the year. The course was breathtaking. Breathtaking in every aspect. I had my gang again with me. Lacey stepped out of her comfort zone and ran this with me. To be able to share such beauty with my bestie is really truly a blessing.

Great Gang, Epic Race. 

Howell Fantasy 5k was a my most Festive Race. Andy RAN his first race of the year and did great! We ran it together and he killed it. Alec and Lydia cheered us on, making it feel like the old days again.
Andy had me sucking wind at the finish. He did soo GOOD. A blast seeing all his hard work pay off. 


MILES RAN 2018: I quit logging my miles about a month ago! I am over 2000 but I don't have the exact numbers.

MONEY SPENT on REGISTRATIONS.....
$625...NOT INCLUDING Marine Corp Marathon that I DEFERRED
that brings my total to $890. Registration 175$ + 90$ to defer to 2019! OUCH!


A Big Thank you too all of you for your encouragement. I am always so humbled to see where God takes me. I am very blessed to continue to run. I am reminded of what I am capable of and What I am capable of WITH HIM.
I have gotten significantly slower but I never lost my JOY. Not every race went the way I had hoped and I really endured a lot of pain in the process for the times I was getting.
I reminded myself several times I have a lot to be thankful for.
Times are great, but friendships and a good attitude outweighs that for me.


Anita~


No comments:

Post a Comment