"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Crim 2017 The Painful recap.

Crim  2017 Recap.
 If this years CRIM was to only be described in HASHTAGS this is what it would look like:

#Shakeyourtailfeathers
#Thatsmeonthesidewalk
#Starttogetherfinishtogether
#tearfest
#runningfriends
#typicalanita

#SHAKEYOURTAILFEATHERS

Lacey and I planned our outfits weeks ago. We had Lululemon Pacerskirts on. Lacey found them on Poshmark for half the price! They have the cutest ruffles on the bum. These skirts were perfect for running in. And rather comfortable.  Now if only Lacey had told me to run a comb through my hair..That hair...not nearly as cute as the skirt!

#THATSMEONTHESIDEWALK
Joan and I planned to run together. I was using the Crim as a training run. The goal was to run a good race, but not to overdue it. I have an all night run Sunday that I need to be up for.
Joan and I were planning on running a 8:15-8:30 pace.
We took off great. Amazing weather, beautiful sunshine all the elements for a GREAT RUN. Only within minutes my right calf tightened up. I waited a couple minutes to see if it would loosen up. into mile 2,  I knew this was going to be the death of me. I let Joan know after we had 2 good miles that I was in the hurt locker.
She never left me.
I have seen those runners on the sidewalks rubbing their calves out. They have the look of defeat on their face. I was that runner! At mile 4, before the dreaded Bradleys, Joan was on the sidewalk rubbing my calf out. I winced, as I told her to just dig it. It hurt so bad, I tightened my eyes and gritted me teeth. "Just do it." I cried to Joan.
We headed up the Bradleys. I thought I was going to have to walk. We took them slow and steady. I made it up all 5 hills without walking. I discovered it wasn't the up hill that hurt, it was the downhill. The pain was so bad, I questioned if I should stop. We took the pace down, so I thought. Each mile Joan kept informing me we were still on pace. I couldn't figure it out.  I was able to barrel up the hills, it was coming down that was hurting.

#STARTTOGETHERFINISHTOGETHER
I prayed and prayed. For seven miles, I asked God to relieve this muscle of its curse on me.
In between mile 7 and 8, is another set of hills many bonk at.  I was really concerned what my calf was going to do. I had told Joan she could leave me. She said NO... I love this girl.
Up the first hill. I felt strong. coming down I waited for the sting in my calf.
It never came.
The second hill.
I knew it was going to sucker punch me.
It never came.
For that matter, It never CAME BACK. God loosened it up for me.
Because we had brought our pace down, I felt sooo good.
But now Joan was struggling. At mile 8, Joan could tell I was foot loose and fancy. "Anita, you can go...."
"AH, NO! We started together we finish together!"

#TEARFEST
We made that turn unto the bricks. We could see the FINISH sign overhead. I knew we needed to hold out. Other runners were getting excited and taking off. "Maintain Joan, not yet, its farther than you think." Even after our feet hit the bricks we didn't shift it into the next gear right away.
The crowd was cheering. I kept waiting for my name, "GO, NITA!" YEAH! MOM!"
But I never heard any of that.
There was no one at the FINISH LINE for me.
Tearing up, I shouted to Joan, "Come on Joan!"
We crossed the finish line together. Another Crim together. The tears poured out. I wrapped my arms around little JOAN, "I love you, I LOVE YOU so MUCH."
She wasn't just my friend, she was my family. She was my piece of Ariel, she was my family. She was there for me. She never left me. I couldn't stop crying. When the man put my medal around my neck he so sweetly said "Honey, Don't cry, you are finished!"
I am so Blessed to have Joan.

#RUNNINGFRIENDS
Lacey, Kayla, me and Melissa

I got to see so many of my running friends.
Jeff and I

Joan, and Lacey

A BIG congrats to Lacey, Matt, Claudia,Melissa and Paula. They had EPIC races and had several PR's!
The Rockstar Crew: Paula, Matt, Lacey, me, Erin and Claudia
It was great seeing my highschool classmate Dan H and his wife Adrianne out there. They both rocked it out there too!
I even ran into one of the coaches at Holly, The baseball coach, Benny. I have never officially met him until today.
Isabelle and McKenna

Tyler and I
I was overloaded on SMILES from many of the kids I have coached. I was one very proud coach.
I shared my favorite scripture with them. Jeremiah 33:3. Its Gods phone number. Check it out and see if you can figure out why.

#TYPICALANITA
Before the race I gave my keys to Javon along with my phone. Of course, I remembered to get my phone but NEVER remembered to get my keys. I got a text from them when they got back to Ann Arbor an HOUR AWAY they had my keys!
OOPS!
Melissa drove Lacey and I home. Thankfully, she was going to Laceys house anyway. And Thankfully, I had put my other set where they belonged....I didn't have much faith in myself!
Lacey, Claudia, Maryann and I


The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:24:04
Pace: 8:25
I am still blown away by this time. We stopped more than a couple times to work my calf out. We also walked through the water stations.
I reminded myself this race isn't worth injuring myself over. I took each mile on an individual basis. I reminded myself the importance of running smart. It was not easy to dial it back when I felt good. But I am so glad I did.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment