"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 6, 2016

Will Run for Cheesecake

I decided this week I was going to get back in the saddle again. I eat intentional MOST of the time. But the last few weeks my schedule has been helter skelter. With an unpredictable and chaotic schedule, my eating seemed to follow the same pattern.
Fast food isn't my downfall.
Portion sizes don't really effect me, I am not a big eater.

Its TAKING the time to eat. I skip meals, forget to eat, then eat things I normally don't eat, like Kettle potato chips, Pepperoncino to be specific.



I know I need to EAT. And eat intentionally. I buy my boys such healthy food but I just don't take time to eat it myself.
I went to the grocery store today. 230$ later. I always try to buy some new items.
This week I purchased:
  • Ugly fruit
  • Grapples..They really do taste like a grape!
Tommorrow breakfast/lunch for work: KIND bar, I like coconut flavor, Noosa Yogurt, w/granola and Chia. 2 slices Boars Head Chicken breast, RAW Oatmeal. Carrots, Strawberries and a Pear.

ONE Step Forward 2 steps back..

That sounds great for tomorrow, HOWEVER..Today..CHEESECAKE!
Danielle and I actually planned a running date at Kensington and lunch at Cheesecake Factory over 3 weeks ago.

We had the perfect run. The temps were kind to us at 70', we were even spoiled with a cool breeze coming off the lake. It was divine. The sky was a magnificent blue with fluffy white clouds resting above us.
We were hardly alone, the park was filled with runners, bikers and walkers. I love seeing so many people active and engaged.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 9mi
Pace:8:53/mi.
I need to play with my Garmin. The auto pause isn't set. Our running pace was actually 8:45/mi.

After our run, we cleaned up in the public bathrooms. After changing, we headed to Cheesecake Factory.
I ate a very intentiaonally healthy salad...Then cheesecake. We had such a nice lunch. For the record, I only ate about 4 bites, 3 of mine and 1 of Danielle's!
I brought the rest home along with a Raspberry Lemon cheesecake slice for my boys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"Don't ruin a good today by thinking about a bad yesterday."

Each day is a new day. With Hope, promises and opportunities to try again. I was reminded of this today. I don't need to chase negativity with more negativity.
Let it GO.

Yesterdays Peacock we saw on our run, one of 4!


ANITA~~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment