"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 13, 2016

Grubers Grinder


Grubers Grinder, also known as Holdridge East loop.

Totally unplanned spontaneous run.
Met a couple ultra runners this morning at 10am to run the 16 mile loop.

I was nervous on how my body would keep up after yesterdays 14 miler.

I hung with the big dogs. Other than forgetting to start my Garmin for 4 miles, I had no issues. My body held strong for a very windy trail run.

The pace picked up the last 2 miles. Not knowing where we were exactly, I started to get a little nervous as to whether or not I could hold the pace.

Then just like that the trail ended and we were back in the parking lot. I hung just fine.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 16 Miles
Time: 2:49
Pace: 12:29

Now lets see how I do walking tomorrow!

RECOVERY:
  • stretch
  • roll
  • fluids/water, Gatorade
  • Motrin
  • TEA. Ahhhh

I was reminded again that I need to be running the trails more. I Seriously NEED to pick my training up. I have been running trails at least once a week. I will start running them twice a week.

We talked about a night run. That sounds like a blast. One of my concerns is running in the dark for my ultra.
It would be fun to get a group of us out there. It will be a late night. Thank God it is SUMMER!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment