"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 30, 2016

My Run before all Hell breaks loose.

At 8:15 it was already 72'. I headed towards Laceys house. It didn't take a mile before I was doubly annoyed. My headband was too tight and falling off and I forgot my sunglasses.
The sun was blinding on that stretch of E. Holly rd.

When I reached Lacey, I asked if I could borrow some sunglasses and a headband.

The funny thing was we never really made a plan on what we were going to run. We didn't have a route or a mileage. We had ideas and estimates and we had sunglasses!

After a few miles, I asked Lacey what the plan was. How many miles she wanted to run.
"I was thinking between 12-15." she responded.

I let her pick the route as well. She picked Rattalee Lk Rd, one of the hillist routes we run. I needed the hills but I didn't think my body was going to be a fan.

It was a slow run, a smart run. A long run that was all over the board with pace.
Rundown
Distance: 14.6
Pace:10:10/mi
Time: 2:28

Lacey was laughing at how jagged our run was. Hills, interruptions and different opportunities to drink, walk or take a picture.

She was very patient with me. The first part of our run was closer to a 11/mi. But we picked it up as we headed closer to home.

The blessing in this run was my body forgave me enough to be able to run almost 15 miles.

Unfortunately, I was not home more than 10 minutes when Andy got home from his run. He asked me not to go to the hospital to see his dad.
Andy showered and headed right up there. Andys dad had open heart surgery Friday. He is not doing well. He took a significant turn for the worse this afternoon. 
It was hard not being at the hospital.
He is in ICU. Praying his body fights.


Please remember L.D. in your prayers.

Anita








No comments:

Post a Comment