"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Burning both Ends.

My head is spinning.

My 20th anniversary was May 25th.
My Father in Law went in for open heart surgery this week as well.
Between basketball, coaching cross country and working I feel like I am burning both ends of the wick.
No big celebration for our 20th. We both were totally good with that. Our main priority is being there for dad and mom.

As for training, well, I still have this pain in the butt issue (my Piriformis).  That being said I have taken my miles back after Cleveland in hopes my body will forgive me.
I have stretched it, rolled it, KT taped it, gotten massages and just recently ordered a 30$ roller ball of "Deep Relief" essential oils.
I have been babying my running and I am close to asking someone from church to lay hands on me but I think that may be a little inappropriate.

This week, the heat came in with a bang. I love it.
My Latin skin is getting darker and darker. Running in the heat has been tough, but running in general for me has been tough!
My sleep has been less than desirable. I haven't slept remotely through the night in 5 days. I toss, turn, kick the sheets off, get up, go back to bed and pray. "GOD WHY DO YOU HATE ME!"  Just kidding, but I am thinking that.

This morning I had to get up at 6:30AM to meet Lacey. I should have gotten up at 6am.
I am up at that time 6 days a week, except this morning it felt like I had just fell asleep at that time.

Lacey looked bright eyed and bushy tailed when she arrived at my house. With barely a mile in she got right to business. She intently reminded me that Woodstock is 12 weeks away. I am running Woodstock again. We have a gang of us girls going out there this year. It is going to be a riot.
"Anita....you need to ramp your miles back up...."
My heart went into A Fib. Cloudsplitter..running 5000 feet of elevation..running in the dark..Oct...bears, cougars, getting lost....
Cloudsplitter is the ultimate  goal, 100K. Everything from here to there is part of training. Woodstock included.
Ramp my miles.
Easier to say than do with this butt issue that I have been nursing and even now resulted in me purchasing "Snake Oil" for.

70' degrees as we headed out at 7am sharp. Without caffeine, my body was still stiff, even with rolling and stretching. It was one of those runs you think you are WAY faster than you are. You look down at your watch, out of breath and are like "WHAT?!!"

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 6.3
Pace: 9:08/mi



TRAINING IN THE HEAT, According to Hal Koerner
  1. TRAIN IN THE HEAT!

The goal is to see how my body does on my first double digit run since Cleveland.
Tomorrow it is going to be 82' again. Early bird gets the worm tomorrow.
Praying this body gets back in the saddle soon. I will let ya know how it goes tomorrow.

I took Maw Maw to see Paw Paw, he is buried in front of Ariel. Today was his 93 birthday. I stopped and bought Ariel the biggest flowers I could find. The picture doesn't do them any justice. Beautiful  flowers for the most beautiful girl in the world. It seems like yesterday she left this world. You see two ladies smile..we don't post tears. The ugly drive home, breathless, tear stained, confused, angry, bitter, No..I will hide that with a smile.


Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment