"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Next Stop Martian Marathon

Saturday will be my 2nd marathon for the year.

Martian Marathon: Dearborn, Mi.
7:15am

The last couple weeks are Taper Weeks. I just had to get one more long run in on Sunday. I couldn't leave Lacey running alone!

Sunday:
Distance: 14.20miles
Pace: 9:04
We ran the last 4 miles @ a  sub 9 and the last 2 miles threshold @ a sub 8:30. We were both super stoked by this run. The last 4 miles were very quiet except for some heavy breathing.
Monday: 2miles EASY with my XC kids.
Wednesday: Hubby invited me to join him for a run. 5 miles easy
Thursday: Lacey and I ran 4 miles around town. We had to add walk breaks because for some reason my legs were itching to move.
Joan and I back in the Fall at Clarkston Backroads

Today was MASSAGE day. I had a gift certificate to LaVida. I called at the last minute and all they had was a MAN! AHHH!
"John". He was very professional and kind. He was about 6 feet tall about 50 years old. It was one of the best massages I have had in a long time. I chuckled when he asked "SO this isn't your first massage?"
I replied "NO, No, I get them often."
His response caught me off guard and made me laugh, to MYSELF. "Oh GOOD, I didn't want you to  have any SURPRISES."
I kept waiting for some SURPRISE and hoping I didn't notice any at the same time.
My biggest surprise was that it lasted 55 minutes. This is longer than normal. I liked having a man massage me because they don't talk. I don't like to talk, I like to lay there and drool.
Lacey and I, She is running the half. 2 days to go!


Friday Night
Heading to The Best Western Greenfield Village with the girls tomorrow after I get done coaching.
Expo, get our bibs.
Dinner.
BED.
Fritz is supposed to be out there too!

The Plan For The Martian:
I am so honored to have Joan ask me to run next to her for her first Marathon. I made her a training plan several weeks ago. I was so proud of her, she held strong to her training.
I had the privilege to run 2 of her long runs with her. This gave me a gauge towards what I could pace her at.
Upon speaking to her this evening HERE is the GOAL:
HER GOAL: 4 hour marathon averaging 9-9:15min/mi.
My Goal for her is a 3:50 marathon  8:50min/mi.
She is young, strong and determined. She is going to meet her dream and go beyond.

I just can not explain how thrilled I am to run her first marathon with her. This is one of my favorite runs. Watching someone's dreams come true and not just watching but being part of their dream.
I get chill bumps and all girly thinking about being along side of her.
Saturday she is going to test her body beyond anything she has ever done. She is going to push her limits, running on fear and faith. Fear that drives you, inspires your, provokes your inner animal. Faith that humbles you, that breaks you and builds you into something you never that you were capable of being.

Phil: 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens ME."
Please keep us in Prayer. To stay injury free, to stay strong in Faith and in Mind. Physical strength starts in the mind.
Strong Mind: Strong Body.

BIB NUMBER 1211

Michelle, I hope to see you out there too!
Anita

1 comment:

  1. You're going to kill it! Dress warm!! I'm doing the 5k, half combo. I'll manage the 5k then decide about the half. Gonna be ugly! :(

    ReplyDelete