"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 13, 2023

Sticky Notes.

I have these dreams, visions of adventures I want to do. The clock is ticking, and I am not getting any younger. My little heart beats with passion and excitement but can my body keep up? 
My soul is wild and free and by the grace of God I get to live it out. 
Every day is a gift. 
Will I have tomorrow? Will I have next week? Will I have regrets? 
I will have regrets but with every breath I will live this life out wild and free. 
 I have fears. The things that make me tremble. The tremble that excites, the tremble that ignites the passion of living life with boldness, with love, with forgiveness, with zeal and with inspiration. Living life with humility accepting the failures, the mishaps, the misdirection's as part of my make up. Not proudly but humbly in reverence to my God. 

Sticky Notes: 
After getting cancer I was reminded life is made of moments and all those moments matter. 
Those moments make us who we are. 
We shouldn't have a life full of sticky notes that coIlect dust. We need to plan on making them happen! 
Which brings me to a 3-year Sticky Note. 

3-year Sticky Note: 


The Grand Canyon. An adventure I listened to many years ago from a friend of mine, Holly P. Hollys father hiked the canyon every year. I was always in awe of his courage and strength to hike the depths of the canyon well into his 60's and even 70's. 
3 years ago, we put in for the lottery to backpack it. I have never backpacked. We put in 6 tickets. But no one got in. 
But Andy got in, without me. His 30-year friends planned a guy's trip, and all went. 
But my sticky notes still held that adventure. 
Andy came home with a stronger desire to take me there. So we tried again in January to get in for May. Nothing, a no go. 
Feeling defeated but with a glimmer of hope we put in again in February knowing this would be out last try before the heat would be unbearable in June. (You put in 6 months to the date you want to go.) 
AND I GOT the EMAIL! 
3 Year Sticky NOTE, 3rd times a charm!!! 

Leaning on Andy. 
YEAH Buddy we are going to the Grand Canyon!! 
3 days, 2 nights hiking with a 40lb backpack. Another kind of training! 
Just the two of us. Together we have learned how much stronger we are in our weaknesses. Getting cancer taught me to let Andy take care of me. It humbled me. I learned to lean on him the way the Lord designed. Pride prevented me from letting Andy take care of me. We have learned to lean on one another. I love leaning on him. 
When Andy talks about his experience I am hanging onto every word. I love hearing him talk about the plan. "Andy, can I carry the pack?" I ask with concern. 
"Don't worry we will train, and I will help you, you will be fine." 

We have to give ourselves permission to live a BIG LIFE. Stepping into yourself. Stop living life little, because you are meant for greater things! 


SNOWMOON 25K: Share Your Light
"For you light my lamp, The Lord my God illuminates my darkness."  Psalm 18:28

Saturday night a group of us from Complete Runner drove out to Midland for our favorite winter night run. I never RACE this because the trail is usually a frozen, icy, snowy mess. It is a great way to get my miles in, have fun with friends but not risk injury racing. 
This year I started laughing and carrying on with my friends but somehow, I pulled ahead and lost them before the first loop, a 3-mile loop I would have to run 5 times for the 25K. My light wasn't working great so I tucked in behind 2 runners to run in their light. Thats when I saw these long bare legs that looked like Andys. I know those legs even in the dark! I took me about a half a mile to catch up to him. 
Andy was surprised to see me and tried to encourage me to race it, "GO Anita, Run it" But I responded the same way about a half a dozen times, "NO! I am not racing it!" I ran a few feet in front of Andy so he could use my light. My eyes adjusted and I forgot I had another light on my jacket! I ran with him for his 15K and had to finish the last 2 loops solo. It was a little lonely but I encouraged every runner I passed and every runner who passed me! 
Funny how I played it forward with my LIGHT! 
Let your light shine! Someone needs your light, even when you think your light is dim, someone out there still needs your light! 

ALL advice is encouraged!!! Please share!! 
I prayed over every admission. I pray big, I pray bold, and I pray knowing God is good even when He delivers a NO. 

In Peace, Not Pieces
Anita 


2 comments:

  1. Anita you are truly an inspiration! Keep running the race and continue to share ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, thank you for your kind words, they are very encouraging to me. Blessings.

      Delete