"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 3, 2021

The Grind

 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
 1 Cor. 10:31



Someday is not a day of the week. 
This Monday made the passion a grind. Rainy, overcast and otherwise dreary day. The schedule to run and bike had to be adjusted and I was not motivated. 

I am good at procrastinating. I was dragging. The slumber had settled in. I struggled to come up with a new plan. 
Out of sorts, I gathered myself, my pack, my music and coaxed myself out the door. 

Grind it out. 
Less than 2 miles down the road, I was already drenched. I was coming out of my skin. My sugar had dropped and I could hardly think. I heard a car come up along side of me. It was Andy, "Do you want me to take you back home?" 
Without out thinking, I responded "No, No, I'm good..." I smiled and waved him off. 
LIES. LIES. 
I was not good. I was trying to convince myself I was good. I was walking down Grange Hall road trying to find my trail mix. My legs were heavy and sluggish. My heart was racing and my head felt like a bowling ball,  I felt like I was going to just fall over. I wanted to lay down in the ditch. 
The cars flew past me, whipping up wind and rain. I pulled the rim of my hat down and shoveled the trail mix in my mouth, begging my body to recover so I could run and get off that God Forsaken road. 

I walked a half a mile and carefully turned my legs over into a jog. By the time I got to Hess Rd, my body had recovered but was lethargic. I was so tempted to quit and go home. 
 
Almost 5 miles to Holdridge, I decided to run the West loop. Dripping wet, I cautiously headed to the trails hoping I wouldn't slip, trip or flip. 
5 miles later, 4 deer, 2 bunnies and 1 sand hill crane I was heading back home. 
15 miles total. They weren't pretty, no bragging rights or breaking records but I did GRIND em' out.

The Audience of ONE
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 

Today, as I ran quietly with myself. I reminded myself of how far God has brought me. How He has healed my body from cancer and strengthened me. I feel closer to my precancer self everyday. I am humbled by how much God has brought me out of sickness and weakness. Even on my weakest day I am stronger than I was. 
Saturday, we had a group run out at Holly rec. The group took off fast, too fast for me. But I put my speaker on and ran my little heart out. I couldn't keep up with them but I ran the fastest I had ever ran on those trails that day. I felt great coming out of the woods. Strong, confident, joyful in the Lord.  I have learned to run for an audience of ONE. Myself. Even on my loneliest of runs, I am never alone.  God took care of me when I was sick and He has never left me.  

Somedays its not a passion, its not a pleasure, its a GRIND. There is more of a lesson in overcoming the GRIND than quitting. 
For me, its an opportunity to Glorify God. To remember where He has brought me from and give thanks for where he has taken me. 

Anita 

No comments:

Post a Comment