"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 17, 2021

Mighty Ways

 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zeph. 3:17
I ran my fasted 10 miler in months and months at Indian springs last week. It was so hard, I could hardly talk as I tried not to puke. Thankful for Danielle's constant encouragement . 

Last week, I had a physical with Dr. Abraham. I waited 45 minutes for him to come in the room. I found myself getting frustrated but when he looked at me it all melted away. He sat down and casually spoke to me for the equal amount of time I waited. 

My Dr. looked me in the eyes, like he was looking at my soul. His expression showed compassion and kindness. He asked about me. And not the kind of ask that you interrupt or hurry up for a answer. The kind of conversation that truly showed love. 
After over 20 minutes of catching up on life he presented my blood work to me. 
With 18 months cancer free, I was curious about my numbers. All that chemo can really do aa number on you. I have been struggling with fatigue, rapid weight loss and bruising. 
If I didn't burn you all out with my cancer, I burned myself out. But as I waited for my results, it was like a trigger an addict might get driving through a neighborhood they once bought their drugs. 
I felt my heart in my throat, my ears were ringing and I was scared to hear what Dr, Abraham was going to share. 
"Anita, I am not an oncologist so I do not understand how some of these number work but your white blood count is still very low..." 
I smiled and responded, "You have to look at my neutrophils...." 

Truth be told after circling numbers of praise I am extremely healthy. My white blood is low because I am burning the flames at both ends. 

"I will rest when I get to heaven Dr. Abraham." I smiled after rehearsing my weekly schedule. 
Between work, running, coaching, ministry and family I am tired but refuse to cut anything out. 



"Dr. Abraham, God gave me life, I have to use it for Him, I coach these kids because someone has to stand in the gap for them. We are to be "weary in well doing". I love these kids.  And my addiction ministry, families are being torn apart, drugs are being so desensitized....." 
He just stared at me. "How did you get into that ministry?' 
I smiled, I survived 2 parents who were addicts, I know what it did to me...." 

My take away on my Dr.s appointment had nothing to do with the results of my test and everything to do with how I need to be better, a better listener, more compassionate, more patience, genuinely LOVE. In my day to day life, rarely do people inquire about me. Dr. Abraham was genuine. A beautiful representation of selflessness and kindness. 

RUNDOWN: 
May 3-9th: 57.6 miles
May 10th-16th: 68.77miles

I get up every morning early enough to enjoy my coffee and quiet time. 
I value my quiet time. I often evaluate all the failures, mistakes and insecurities I am struggling with. I battle crazy dialogue. I see my failures, my weaknesses, and try to detach from the judgments of others that rent way to much space in my head. 
God reminds me in these quiet moments that he fills my love tank and secures a place in Him where others can not. 
In these private places, invisible to all, He is doing a work in me. 
Gods power is presented in might ways invisible to the modern man. 

WHY DO I SHARE THIS? 
Many can not understand how God has not just healed me but strengthened me. In so many ways I feel like a little miracle. 
How I have gotten faster and stronger in my running.
Its easy for me to share. 
While this world rests on their own abilities, their own strengths, their own pride, I humbly can not do that. I am A NOTHING. Insignificant to most, an annoyance to many, a shadow to others but a somebody to HIM. 
I have seen more miracles in my 47 years than many will ever see in a lifetime. And the unexplainable is understandable because of my Faith in Him. 
 
RUNNING IN THE HEAT: 
  • Dehydration often leads to slower times.  The last couple days the temps have risen. Do not get discouraged when you run in the temps and you struggle to get your pace down. High temps can lower you pace up to 10%. 
  • Running between 10-4pm is when UV rays are most potent. Remember sunglasses, sunscreen or a hat if you are running at these times. 
Anita~
 CHARLEVOIX MARATHON T-4 WEEKS!!  I sure hope I can get a sub 4 hour this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment