"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Even Though...

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
18 
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!"
Habakkuk 3:17-18
I left a little sunshine on the trails today!

This passage was my devotional on Monday. I have been doing my devotional every day since the quarantine minus a day here or a day there but not many. I have NO EXCUSES. I can't say I am too busy or too tired or too anything because those are just too ridiculous when I am at home everyday. I need this quiet time, time to pause, time to "Be Still", time to connect with God in thoughts, prayers and comfort. Time to fence off the rest of the circumstances going on and isolate myself for a some quiet moments with God. 

When I read this passage it all seemed so familiar. It appeared as if it was written presently. 
I took the words and REWROTE them ….

"Even though this plague has swept across the land, 
and there is no vaccine or cure;
Even though the buildings are empty,
and many are without work;
Even though we are separated from those we love,
and we miss one another terribly,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!"

And just like in Habakkuk this crisis is all encompassing. 
It really came as no great surprise when I heard the news that we were to be quarantined all through April. Yes, there are so many factors that have opportunity to overcast us with some dark clouds. 
I still saw Gods light in the darkness of crisis. 

It could be worse:
I will never forget those words almost one year ago. "..its just another marathon...." 
10 months of HELL. sick every week, sleepless, afraid, sad and bald. Oh, the emotions that go with being hairless, that's all together a very complex cocktail of emotions. Needles and shots multiple times a week, surgeries, sacrifices. 10 MONTHS...no appetite, body aches and a mouth of canker sores....
I guess that's why I am not rattled about 1 month of being quarantined. My finances were already a mess, I was barely back to work and I am off again. 
"..I will rejoice in the Lord..."
 Its all relative. I look back on my worst case scenario and it just doesn't compare. 
For that matter, I think about growing up in dysfunction junction and this still isn't close to that darkness. 
We are so used to getting what we want when we want it that some of you are really struggling. 
It could be worse. 
"And yet it is the law of all progress that it is made by passing though some stages of instability." 
Habakkuk 3:2

"Slow Work"
"How long , Oh Lord, must I call for help?" Habakkuk 1:2
We are not going anywhere fast. Settle in. Find some joy, build a bridge and get over it. Things are not going to change.
You might be looking around and not seeing anything but doom and gloom. Well, God is working. Trust in the "Slow Work" of God. 
Choosing to be happy is a choice. I choose to find gratitude, I choose to look at things from a better perspective and with different understanding. 
Rather than praying for different circumstances, pray for a change of heart in the circumstances we cannot change. 
Settle in, Find Joy. Keep the Faith. Gratitude. 

Rundown: 
Look at that HAIR!!! WOOT WOOT!

Distance: 10 miles
Location: Holdridge, West Loop w/ Lake loop x2. 
SLOW WORK
This was my LONGEST trail run since January 12th. God is healing me in HIS time. It was up to me it would not be this way. But I see progress being made everyday. I could stomp my feet and whine about all my aches and pains or about not being as strong as I used to YET I REJOICE IN THE LORD... 

 
The bad news....I fell 3 times out there today....The good news...I got UP 3 times! 
And yet I Rejoice!
"What happens outwardly in your life is not as important as what happens inside you. Your circumstances are temporary, but your character will last forever." Rick Warren

Meet Taquito! I did today, He was so darn CUTE! 
And YES, I was 6 feet away. 

Your thoughts?

Anita~




























No comments:

Post a Comment