"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, October 14, 2019

Love Covers All. RUN WITH ME.

“ ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” —Alice Walker



There are so many ways to love on one another. From the day I announced  that I had cancer, I have been loved on in more ways than I can say. My family and friends have gathered around me with endless encouragement.
Just when you begin to see a broken world of bitterness and angst your heart is melted by love. A tragedy blooms beauty.
Unimaginable. 
Unmeasurable. 
Undeniable. 
Unbelievable. 
LOVE. 

RUN WITH ME. #itsjustanothermarathon



One day, a long long time ago, somewhere on the trails after a very rainy day a pack of runners created a name, "Team Squishy Toes." 
That's my Pack. Over the last few years, we have ran hundreds of miles together, we have celebrated victories, we have prayed for each other, cried with each other and bonded together. 
Claudia, part of this clan gathered the group together with an idea to do a fun run for Anita. 
Unbeknownst to me the word got out and a group of mothers from the kids I coached jumped in to create an event that will forever humble me.  

My pack really kept me out of the loop. I would get little snippets. 
I was awkward receiving so much love and attention. 
I have always been more comfortable giving love. I Love to Love on others but now I was having an entire event in my honor. I was a bit uncomfortable but totally awed. 

I wanted to give everyone something back. I called mom, Andys mom, my mom. 
She makes the best cookies. 
She helped me making over 150 cookies. I got baggies and made tags to say "Thank You". 

The Fundraiser offered not just a 5K  but also several gift baskets (All donated), An Elliptigo donated by Complete Runner, cider and donuts. 
The weather was PERFECT. 
My family pulled in a few minutes before 12. 
I was breathless. The parking lot was packed. I was so nervous and felt like the tears were going to flood my eyes. 

SO many people. The running community is INCREDIBLE. So many runners. Some runners I have known forever and some that I had just met this year. 
Friends from high school, Parents from my sons school, Kids I coached from Holly Academy, and my family all came out. Christa from my work came out and so did Lindsey who I worked with for years. Ladies from Freedom from Bondage came out and my clients, Soo many of my clients came out! Linda K and her husband came out and brought me BACON! 
Ohh….AND ARIEL, so many of her college friends, her best friend Mo and boyfriend Charlie came out. It took everything not to cry especially because it was the same weekend that Ariel had passed. It was already such an emotional weekend. 
I had people come out that never met me, one man came and supported me that was at Indian Springs golfing. He asked someone what the event was for, he lost 2 sisters to cancer, when he came over he recognized me, I coached his kids! 
You didn't have to be a runner to come out. Many just came out to love on me. 

Colossians 3:14: “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
LOVE COVERS ALL. 
LAYERS. I love how cancer was described to me. Layers

The financial burden was generously gifted to me. A layer I am so Thankful for. 
As I ran up and down the course trying so hard to say "HI" to everyone I was overwhelmed with LOVE
I felt so LOVED. These people came out for ME. TO LOVE on me. To support me, to walk for me, to run for me, to bike with me, to hug me, to smile with me. 
Andy had an employee that drove down from Grand Rapids! I had a friend that postponed her vacation to come out and hug me and tell me she loved me then headed out on vacation. 
WHO DOES THAT?! 
I am a nobody, a twerp, obnoxious, outspoken, I came from nothing and I have nothing special to offer and YET these people are LOVING me. 
They are telling me I am inspiring THEM? I am a MORON, a complete goofball. More of an annoyance, like a mosquito bite between your toes, I was humbled, soo humbled. 
I couldn't not have done this without them. 
Without YOU. 

YOU. 
You reading me garble, reading my posts, Sending me so much encouragement. 
You all never let me give up. You never let me feel sorry for myself. You never let me sit on the pity pot. 
Every mile you loved me. 


Thank YOU For Loving me. 
Special thanks to Team Squishy Toes, Diane and Michelle, Complete Runner, Erin O' Mara, Mrs. Winne, Holly P, Parkers Hilltop And Mom and Dad. 
This was the most beautiful fundraiser. I am Beyond Blessed.   

This is just a lil post to say THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL. Forgive me if I forgot to mention you, please know you are in my heart. 

Anita!























No comments:

Post a Comment