"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Febuarys Miserable Miles



I haven't seen the sun in 4 days.
I have seen enough snow that I think Michigan would need an arc if it melted.
My skin is pale and itchy, begging to be set free from layers and layers of tight itchy clothing.
And my running clothes are beginning to enjoy the sweaty outdoorsy smell not wanting to embrace my fabric softner. I am going to be throwing a lot of clothes away if I cant get the funk out of them.

The "Its so pretty" has worn off.
The "It's good training" is nothing but lies.
The "Smile" is blasphemy.

I AM over it.
My miles are down and my attitude sucks.

Monday
Where: Seven Lakes/backroads
Misc. Nice shake out after our race. 
Distance: 7 miles. 

Wednesday
Where: GAC
Distance: 5 miles
Misc: Mile repeats with a lap recovery shuffle jog. 

Thursday
Where: Holdridge- West Loop w/ Technical loop and Lake loop add on. 
Distance: 9 miles

Sunday
Where: GAC/ Track 
Distance: 8 miles run, 1 mile walk. 9 miles 

WEEKLY MILES: 30 miles

TODAYS RUNDOWN: 
I live on backroads. They have not been plowed or cleared. Running outside was not an option for me. I work very hard for my membership at GAC. I needed a solid run.
I brought Lacey with me.

I have had a couple things on my radar that have potential to changing my running schedule.

Todays run was more about Lacey than me.
I am blessed to have a good running partner. Lacey and I over the last few years have alternated running injuries. We have both taken care of each other and adjusted our training to support one another.
Todays run was one of those. It was a great reminder of how many times we have never bailed on one another in times of injury. Whether we had to take off the running shoes for bike tires or we added walk breaks more often. Sometimes we had to slow our pace down or even cut our miles short. But we have always had each others back.
We laughed as we ran around the track discussing the many races we have ran. Some I beat her, but currently she beats me mostly. We may run 10% of a marathon or a race together or we may run 80% of a race together but no matter what we always encourage each other to finish it strong.
We are not competitive with one another in a malicious way.
The key to a good running partner is LOVE. You have to truly want the best for them. If it means sometimes altering your training for their greater good then that is what happens. Because the reality is "What goes around comes around."

Many many times, Lacey has been there through IT band issues, Piriformis issues or me being irresponsible with my nutrition and I love to be there for her when she needs me. You are more likely to be successful with support and encouragement then being alone. So pick your tribe well.
And if you feel like you do not have great support maybe look inward.



Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment