"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Catching a Break :Patience

For weeks now I have been waiting for that one run that felt great and was not being ran at a turtle crawl.
Most of my runs my heart is pounding, my lungs are heaving and my mind is spinning in frustration.

BUT FINALLY...Today..Today was that day.
Today, the sun brightened a gorgeous blue sky.
For a December day, the temperatures spoiled us at 50 degrees.
I was a brave soul, I wore a running skirt and a tee shirt. However, for insurance purposes I also wore arm bands and compression socks. It was sooo refreshing to not have all those layers on.

We only ran 8.5 miles. Maybe that's what I needed. Maybe I just needed to keep the miles in the single digits.
We chatted, we ran hills, we ran flats, we laughed and overall it all felt great. I even barreled up a big nasty hill on Fish Lake Rd like a champ. Granted, it took me 2 miles after that to catch my breath but I felt like a rock star for a few minutes.
The best part, as good as it felt, we still managed to maintain a 9min/mi. This was very shocking considering we walked up a hill at Seven Lakes on a trail.

This is a simple post. Today was a reminder for me to be patient with my body.
Or just to be patient, but not give up. To not get too frustrated when things do not move at the rate that I WANT IT TOO.

For all sense and purposes, tomorrow I may feel like total poop on a stick again. And that is O.K..
Today was a good day.
I will remember the good day. The good feeling. The good STUFF.
I will remember no matter how good, how bad or how long each season lasts, Its ALL GOOD TRAINING!
Just keep moving forward a LITTLE BIT at a time.

Anita~



No comments:

Post a Comment