"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, August 8, 2016

I'm still standing.

This week has been pretty Epic for me. I reached the most miles I have EVER ran in a week.
I have no idea how I did it.
It was unplanned and unpredicted.

I also had the worse week in the weeks of being a girl since high school.
Not to get graphic, however; My ovaries are beating me up with no remorse.
7 days of living hell and we are still in the pain locker. This is soo out of the box for me. I told Andy if this is what Perimenopause is going to be like then just TAKE IT ALL OUT!

ANYWAY..on to a more pleasant subject.

MY RUNNING WEEK:
Sunday 31st: 17 miles trails
Monday: 26 miles trails
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: 3miles road
Thursday: Double run: AM 16 miles trails PM 3.1 RACE 5K
Friday: OFF
Saturday 12 miles Trails
TOTAL miles: 73 miles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday after running 16 miles I  ran another 3.1 miles in Flint.
The Great Pizza 5K.
Lacey showed up at my house last minute to run.

I reminded myself this WAS NOT the RACE I was TRAINING. Therefore, it was important to use it as a TRAINING RUN and not a RACE.

My goal was to run a sub 24.  This would be a respectable time without getting injured or discouraged.
I am at a place in my running career that I run for ME.  Some people think I am competitive. And in my ways I am.
Not in my running anymore.
I compete for me.
I work hard on my goals, my training program and my races FOR ME.
I don't fret over my times anymore and it feels good!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I GOT NEW SHOES..
RED FOX HAD A HUGE SALE.WHO CAN PASS UP A SALE?
NEW HOKAS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I ran the first loop with Ken and Matt. 16 miles.
The second loop Matt dipped out for a hot date with his wife, Paula. Paula rode her bike to the park to meet Matt.
Ken and I headed back into the trails for another 10 miles. I was on the fence about going back out. I felt like I had been hit and then ran over twice. I knew that I needed to run on empty. I needed to run sore. I needed to feel the pain, the fatigue and the discomfort.

I ran in my new HOKAS, 26 miles. No blisters. BUT a WHOLE lot of DIRT.


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment